Chapter 5- I love you, My Rani Sa

Shreya's POV

I stood there shocked hearing him. Is he bipolar or something?

One, he doesn't talk much to anyone, it's hard to get him speaking but he has been speaking nonstop in front of me.

Second, he hates people who stutters but here he doesn't say a word to me.

To me 'The Stuttering Queen'.

Third, my sister ran away from the marriage. The girl whom he loved for the past four years yet he is calm as if this is what he wants.

He should have hated me, and my family as the girl he loved ran away just before the marriage but here he is.

Is he forgetting that he married me just to save his family reputation? I'm just a replaced bride

Does he see me as a substitute?  He didn't get his loved one then he will see me as her and be with me and leave me when she comes back. Just like it happens in C-drama and K-drama.

That's when my mother's words rang in my head as an alarm and my heart dropped realizing the truth of our marriage.

'Remember, you are just a replaced bride. The day Tanika comes back, Maharaj will kick you out. You don't deserve to be loved. You are an ominous girl. Wherever you go you will only bring back luck.'

"I should go," I said and walked past him. I quickly went outside and asked one of the servants to show me the way to the kitchen as it was my pehli rasoi rasam. 

I walked inside the kitchen to see my mother-in-law there.

"Beta, aap aa gaye?" she asked me and came near me as she saw me.

(Child, you came?)

"Jii, Aunty," I said in a small voice.

(Yes)

"What's this aunty, call me Maa." She said to me and tried to glare at me but couldn't. She is so cute.

"Say Maa," she said and I said "Maa," I said in a small voice as tears made their way into my eyes as memories filled my mind.

'I'm not your mother.'

'Don't call me mummy. You disgust me.'

'I hate you. Don't fucking show your face to me.'

I came back from my thoughts when I felt someone shaking my arms.

"Where are you lost?" she asked me and I shook my head.

"Come you don't have much time. You need to make breakfast." She said and I nodded my head and went to prepare the dishes.

It was nearly one and a half hours since I started preparing the dish and I was done. I know it's hard to make these many dishes in a short time but practice and beating make your hands and legs move fast.

Thanks to my old family, I know how to use them as fast as I can. 

I and other staff started to arrange the food on the dining table.

"Beta." I turned around to see his mother, no my Maa standing there with a sweet smile on her face.
(Child)

"Yes Maa," I said with a small smile. While I was cooking my Maa was with me, talking to me and telling me about everyone.

"You are the youngest daughter-in-law of this house and newly married. You should always cover your face when elders are here, it's our tradition." She said.

I nodded my head and covered my face with my pallu.

Slowly everyone started to come and sat on the chairs. The head chair was empty. My guess is it's for Hukum.