Chapter 15- Detective Shreya

Shreya's POV

I slowly opened my eyes due to the sunlight, I was wrapped in his arms and our legs were tangled.

I unwrapped myself from his arms and got up from the bed.

He stirred in his sleep and slowly opened his eyes, letting me see his grey orbs.

Hayeee.

No, no Hayeeee. I'm still angry. Angry at him, with him.

"Come to bed Rani Sa." he said with sleep in his voice and eyes.

"Just because you kissed me doesn't mean you are forgiven. I'm still very angry with you." I said trying to glare at him

"You kissed me? Are you forgetting you kissed me back too? Nibbling and sucking my lips." he said with a sly smirk on his face.

"N..no, wh..... what nonsense are you saying? I..I didn't kiss you." I fumbled.

Ughh.

Why do I always stutter or fumble in front of him?

"Whatever helps you to sleep peacefully at night, Rani Sa." he said with a smirk on his lips and his eyes closed, not letting me see his grey magnetic orbs.

The orbs that always pull me towards him.

"Idiot sa." I murmured.

"I heard that Rani Sa." he said while I stood there in shock. Just how amazing his hearing power is.

"I'm not talking to you." I declared and went away from him.

I entered the washroom and went lost in my thoughts.

He knew everything, saw everything yet he stayed back, for the realm. Just because he saved me when I was molested doesn't justify his action. He is the king. He could do anything. Anything means anything. Ok, he didn't bring me out of that hell because he didn't want to set a bad example for the people but he could have done something. He knew what I was going through yet he decided to stay quiet and do nothing.

He is the king. Of course, the welfare of the people should come first but I'm his wife, not any random person.

I'm the person he claims to love.

And the kiss, ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

And I even called him that.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh.

....................

I was arranging the dining table as the family members were slowly joining the table for breakfast when I heard someone calling me. I turned around to find my husband's friend standing near the staircase and calling me by my name.

He ran towards me and stood in front of me and asked me, "How are you?"

"I'm good," I replied sheepishly.

"You can't call her by her name." my father-in-law said.

We turned towards him as soon as we heard him.

"Why?" he asked with a hardness in his eye. Gone was the bubbly, funnyguy. The man standing in front of me was a ruthless businessman just like my husband.

"Because she is the queen. Even we, her family members can't call her by her name." My Maa softly replied instead of my father-in-law.

"Family? Do you even know the meaning of family? You guys do have the courage to talk about being a family. Show this fakeness of being a happy family, showing love, respecting each other, and loyalty to the outer world. I know how wrecked you all are. Especially you, the so-called mother of the king. I know how much you hate your children. You only show love to Rajveer because you need someone to feel pity for you. If the king hasn't maintained his distance from you, you won't have even cared for your younger child. After all, we all know what you did all those years ago."