Alestian Queen Arc - Chapter 2: They're Actually Alive!?

A/N: Apologies for the long wait, I'm an idiot. Anyways, enjoy!

This must be a dream. Or perhaps some kind of pre-death hallucination? My NPCs actually seem to be... moving, speaking, living.

I need to breathe first, for now, I'll play along until I can figure out more.

I took a small stroll around the castle, just simply wandering. But, it felt better than it used to. I can really feel my legs moving, the blood coursing through my vein, the air filling my lungs. It was... good. Too good.

The excitement and dopamine running through my body quickly overpowered my worries. After all, if this was a dream, it's a good one, and if it's real, then that's all the better. I'm quite strong, my NPCs are strong, and I should be able to get whatever I want here.

After my thoughts dictated that all was fine, I decided to go to the major NPCs. I'll probably start with Manon, as she is perhaps going to be the easier one to speak to. And least likely to kill me if something happens.

A short walk around, and I eventually found her in the main hall, instructing the common maids. I also took some time to take a closer look at her. She had long red hair, tied up into a ponytail, and dull orange eyes, eyes that felt oddly calming to stare into. Her ears were sharp, but not very long, more near human size. If I remember correctly, she's a half-elf.

"This castle must be spotless, from top to bottom, to be befitting of our Lady. Anyone who shirks their duty will be whipped and made an example of. Do I make myself clear?" She threatens with a calm, unnerving and cold smile on her face.

"Yes ma'am!" The maids reply, mostly due to fear.

After the maids' reply, a younger maid, who didn't look much older than probably 13 years old, was the one to initially spot me.

"Your Highness!" She nearly screamed that out loud, surprising the other maids and causing everyone to drop what they were doing and bow towards me.

"My Lady! I must apologize for not realizing you were here." Manon bowed over and over again, almost as if she were remorseful, solely for not knowing I was here.

"It's fine, it's fine. Raise your head. Actually, I wish to speak with you."

"As you wish my Lady. Girls, get to work. I expect at least a quarter of this castle to be sparkling by the time we finish."

"Yes ma'am!" The maids all scurried off to perform their occupational duties, leaving Manon here with me. All alone. By myself.

"Now then, what is it that you wished to talk about, Your Highness?"

Okay... uh... crap I never thought this far ahead...

"My Lady?"

"Ah, sorry. Ahem. How are the maids doing?"

"Under my command, they will be performing at the absolute best, as expected for an esteemed maid of Alestia. If they perform any less, then they show only disgrace upon the beautiful form of your Highness. However, we do seem to have no spare uniforms for the maids."

Did she just casually flirt with me?!

Either way, she seems to be loyal enough. I guess I can wrap this up then. Actually, perhaps I should open some kind of requisitions box later, considering she did say that there was a lack of uniforms.

"I see... then I'll create a requisitions box or something later. Tell the maids that if there's something they need, they can go ahead and put in a requisition order. I'll be off now."