Braids

Enjoy this cute little fluffy one-shot I wrote a little while ago. 

Just something sweet about how Hiccup got the braids he has in Race to the Edge. 

                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiccup was sitting at his desk in the forge on Berk working on a new design.

"Hiccup?"

He heard the familiar voice of a blonde hair, blue eyed female call for him and smiled.

"Back here, Astrid." He called back. She walked back and saw him.

"What are you doing?" She walked over and leaned against his desk.

"Just drawing." He looked outside. "Did it stop raining?"

"Yeah. I was gonna go for a flight. Wanted to see if you wanted to come?" She asked.

"Sure." He stood up and walked passed her, their hands brushed and Astrid watched him seeing his messy hair. Oh, how she wanted to run her fingers through it. In more ways than one if she was being honest.

She followed him and they mounted up on their dragons and took off.

                                                                                         ~~~~~~~

They flew around for a while before landing on a sea-stack. Hiccup went and sat on the edge and Astrid joined him.

"So what have you been up too?" Astrid asked him staring out at the ocean.

"Nothing really. Flying, inventing, avoiding my dad's talks about becoming chief. Nothing new." Hiccup told her. Astrid smirked. "You?"

"I guess my brother is coming home. My parents got a Terror Mail today from him. It'll be weird, it's been so long. But I'm kind of looking forward to it." She sighed. "Also just training and flying, you know."

Astrid was training to join the Berk Guard, not like she had too. They basically offered it to her already. But she still had to go through the test portions. Hand to hand, written, battle tactics, flying combat. Everything she knew anyway. Hiccup was still determined to look for more dragons but both of them hadn't been spending a whole lot of time together lately.

She didn't know why that mattered. It wasn't like they were dating. Not yet, at least. She hoped. But they were both extremely stubborn and she was never one to own up to her feelings very much. I mean she hadn't kissed him since Thawfest competition when Hiccup threw the race to let Snotlout win and that was three years ago. Part of her wanted him to make the first move this time.

"That's exciting. When is he arriving?" Hiccup asked her.

"Tomorrow I think." Astrid moved her legs so she was leaning more towards him. She was staring at his unruly mop of hair and smiled. "Can I do something to your hair?"

Hiccup turned his head slightly and looked at her. "Should I be worried?" He asked raising a brow. Her blue eyes met his green ones and she smiled and chuckled. Hiccup felt his heart swell in his chest at the sound of her laugh. He loved that sound.

"I just wanna braid some of it." She told him and put her hands through his hair. She ran them through the soft auburn hair and  down to the right side of his head and took some pieces and started braiding them. Hiccup smiled.

"I don't get to answer you first?" He asked. She shook her head.

"Nope." She smiled and continued tying some pieces of his hair into braids. "There."

Hiccup ran his hand through his hair feeling the braids and smiled. "You think that's gonna help the rest of my hair?"

"No, but I like them. They're cute." She felt herself blush. Hiccup blushed too. "I should head back. My mom probably wants my help with getting ready for Asmund to come home." She got up and headed to Stormfly.

"Astrid." Hiccup got up himself and turned towards her. Astrid looked at him. 

"Yeah?" They stared at each other for a moment.

"Um, I'll see you later?" He asked. She nodded.

"Sure. Great Hall for dinner?" She got onto Stormfly.

"It's a date." Hiccups eyes widen. "N-no not-not uh not a date. Um..." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. Astrid smiled.

"I know what you mean. I'll see you later for our not date." She smirked and took off back to Berk.

Hiccup groaned from embarrassment and Toothless nuzzled his legs and warbled at him. Hiccup petted him and got on his saddle.

"I know bud. I'll get there." He took off himself to go for another flight.

                                                                                             ~~~~~~

Hope you liked it. I know it's super short but it was just a fluff idea I had and wanted to write it.

~ httydobsessed13