4

All the ministers of the empire were sitting quietly as Seokjin read the new tax proposal. He was sitting on his throne, wearing an olive green suit and the crown sat beside him as always. His hair was professionally styled and his fingers spotted two rings with a bracelet on his wrist and a watch on the other one. He sat there, a little leisurely, with his body leaned back to the huge backrest and his legs crossed from the knees. The lights coming in from the windows were shaded green due to all the trees lined up along the court walls. He couldn't understand why he needed a new tax when the royal account was overflowing already. Well, he knew why the ministers needed it. They would probably find their cut somewhere in between. He sighed and glared at the minister who was presenting the entire idea.

"I reject this proposal. It will strain the common man's wallet." Seokjin turned to Yoongi and whispered, "Investigate him. This is the third time he came up with the same proposal."

Yoongi wore a white suit with a blue shirt under it. His hair was long and parted from the middle, giving him a somewhat wolf cut. Yoongi nodded, "Okay." and took the file from Seokjin. Yoongi looked straight to the court, "The court is dismissed." Everyone left one after the other after bowing to Seokjin. Yoongi turned to Seokjin, "The doctor is here."

Seokjin hummed, "Call him in." As Yoongi nodded, one of the guards went out and came back with the doctor.

The doctor bowed to Seokjin, "I have the report, Your Majesty. We can carry out the mercy killing according to the law but we need her son's signatures."

Seokjin looked at Hoseok, "Tell Namjoon to sign the documents."

The doctor cleared his throat, "I am sorry, Your Majesty but her son's name is Kim Taehyung. She doesn't have any other children."

Seokjin sighed as he felt the frustration creeping in. He looked at Yoongi, "Fix a meeting with Kim Taehyung and Kim Namjoon together." He looked at the doctor, "Leave the documents with Yoongi. They will be signed." The doctor left after bowing to him and submitting the documents to Yoongi. Seokjin turned to Hoseok, "How is the training going?"

Hoseok understood that he was talking about Namjoon and Jungkook, "They don't need training for fighting. I have nothing that I can teach them. They just need some training on how to be good at guarding. And sophistication."

Seokjin nodded, "I want to visit them. But don't tell them. Let's go to the guards' quarter at night."

Yoongi looked at Hoseok. Hoseok just nodded. Yoongi tapped something down in his tablet, "I will make arrangements for that, Your Majesty."

Seokjin hummed, "How's your brother, Yoongi?"

Yoongi smiled a little, "He is doing great, Your Majesty. The doctors said that he will be able to walk in around two months."

Seokjin straightened his suit as he stood up. He started walking out of the court room followed by Hoseok and Yoongi. As they exited the courtroom, other guards joined the trio. Seokjin always had at least six guards other than Hoseok. He had a lot of enemies inside the empire to be reckless with his security.

~

The night was dark and eerie. But Seokjin was used to this darkness. He was used to the feeling that came along with the darkness. It was almost as if it was a normal feeling now. He used to be so scared when he was a little child. Sometimes Seokjin wondered where that child went. How did he lose himself so much that it kept getting harder to find the old Seokjin? The person who was sensitive and caring. As scheduled, Seokjin was at the guards' quarter. It was about 12 at night and everyone was supposed to be sleeping. Seokjin was now changed into more casual clothes. A light green shirt, dress pants and his hair undone. Hoseok was as always walking behind him with Yoongi. Both of them were still in their professional uniforms.