12

The most fluid thing that humans have is their emotions. Anger, sadness, disgust, love and many more. They become hard to handle when the situation doesn't go as they want. The external forces can always affect the emotions. The clouds were getting darker, and the sun kept hiding behind them. The sunlight couldn't penetrate the clouds. The wind picked up and was almost turning into a storm. The birds were going back to their nests. It was a sign of rain. Or worse, a thunderstorm.

He probably should have taken a cab, but Namjoon chose to walk back to the palace. It wasn't a long distance. Probably a twenty minute walk. He was sure that Hoseok was mad at him for leaving without listening to him. But if he was there for even one more minute, he was sure he would have punched Hoseok.

It was weird. He was usually good at controlling his anger. But at that moment, he just lost his control. He thought a lot about what had happened when he was at Jungkook's place. He could have come up with a better comeback for himself. There was no way he was going to apologize to Hoseok. He didn't do anything wrong. There was no space for the apology. But he should at least talk to Hoseok and defend himself. Give Hoseok proof that he was not behind the attacks. If he didn't do that now and something happened to Seokjin, Hoseok would definitely arrest Namjoon first.

As he entered the palace, he realized that there were fewer guards at some of the positions than usual. Something must have happened. He increased his pace and went straight to Seokjin's study. He knocked thrice before entering the room. Everything looked normal. Seokjin looked up from the files on the table with wide eyes, "Oh, Namjoon."

Yoongi was sitting on the couch. He looked up from the tablet, too. "Ah, you should go to the prison. The guards caught the man who tempered with the lights. He is in one of the cells. Help Hoseok by identifying him."

Namjoon nodded without saying anything and left the room.

His steps were heavy. If the guy is caught, then he can prove his innocence. He can gain Hoseok's trust. He couldn't understand why he cared about Hoseok's trust and he didn't want to think about it right now. All he was focused on was going to him and finding out who the fuck sent him.

As soon as he opened the cell's door, a body crashed into him. He looked down with a smirk. Of course, he tried to run the first chance he got. He held the guy by his collar and pushed him in the cell. The guy fell on his knees in front of Hoseok.

"Will you speak now?" Hoseok tilted his head. His jaws were clenched. He was standing there with his hands in his pockets. He sighed, "Fine." He took one hand out of his pocket. One of the guards standing next to him immediately gave him a long metal rod. He swung the rod in the air once before hitting it on the guy's back. There was a loud scream from the man.

"I have a lot of patience." Hoseok smirked, "But you have very limited blood. And trust me, I won't let you die so easily."

The guy looked up at Hoseok with a faint smile, "He will rule the land soon. Just wait and watch." He brought his handcuffed hand to his mouth and bit down on the bracelet.

"Shit!" Namjoon put the bag he had on the floor and bent down in front of the man, "Spit it out."

Hoseok's eyes went wide, "Call a doctor."

They were too late. The man started having seizures. He vomited blood. Soon, he stopped struggling.

Hoseok closed his eyes and started massaging his forehead.

"It's cyanide poisoning," Namjoon said as he checked the body. He checked the pockets, but they were empty.

Hoseok looked at the guards, "Take care of the body." He sounded tired. The guards immediately got to work. They carried the body out of the cell. Hoseok looked at Namjoon, "Change your clothes and meet me in the gym." Without listening to Namjoon's answer, he left the cell.