11

The papers looked sorted out. He couldn't understand why Yoonjae couldn't get discharged even when he was almost healed. Should he use his profession to make them give the discharge? But he didn't want to look like an arrogant higher-up working for the emperor. It could also look bad on the emperor's side. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. The hair was irritating him in this already frustrating situation. If he could take his brother back home, he could hire people to care for him, and he wouldn't have to take so many days off.

Out of nowhere, a rubber band came into his vision. He followed the hand holding it and found a man wearing a mask. Even with the mask, Yoongi could recognise who the person was quickly. He smiled softly, "Taehyung-shi." Taehyung was wearing a t-shirt paired with a cardigan and loose-fit pants. His hair wasn't styled professionally, but he looked ethereal.

Taehyung smiled through his mask, "I thought we were dropping formalities, hyung."

Yoongi chuckled and shook his head. He took the rubber band and tied his hair in a half pony. Taehyung sat beside him, "What are you doing here?"

Yoongi sighed, "My little brother had an incident. He fell off the stairs and had a fracture in his leg. He can walk farely well but the hospital won't discharge him. And won't tell me what is going on. So I am a bit frustrated."

Taehyung nodded. He pursed his lips and turned to Yoongi, "Can I see his file?"

Yoongi was a little surprised, but he gave the file anyway. Taehyung quickly scanned through it and hummed, "I think I know why they are not giving him a discharge."

Yoongi raised his eyebrows, "Why?"

"As they must have told you, it's a case of multiple fractures." Taehyung explained as he gave the file back, "And sometimes, with multiple fractures, they can miss out on the minor ones. And the minor ones can really be bad if not caught on time. If the bone joins the wrong way, it can be messy in the future. They might be observing him for other fractures."

Yoongi looked at the file, "They could have explained it to me instead of just dusting it off." Yoongi turned to Taehyung, "How do you know this? And why are you here? Are you alright?"

Taehyung laughed a little, "I thought you did a thorough background check on me."

Yoongi chuckled, "We are not that bad. Yes, I did a background check on you, but just enough to reel Namjoon to think about the offer."

Taehyung looked at his fingers that he had been fidgeting ever since he sat next to Yoongi, "Well, I had a community event planned here for the paediatric department. It got cancelled after I announced my retirement from the industry. So they called me here to reconsider." He took a pause, "And for your first question, I know that because I broke a lot of bones before acting."

Yoongi didn't ask more. He knew Taehyung was referring to his mother. He thought he should change the topic. "So, are you going to do the event?"

Taehyung's lips curled up in a faint smile. He nodded, "Yes. The company cancelled it without telling me. I wasn't going to cancel on them. I planned two events before I left the industry forever."

"Sounds pretty toxic to me for them to cancel something without asking you," Yoongi said without thinking much about it.

Taehyung nodded, "Less toxic than my mother. I joined the company to get away from her. But now I don't have any reason to stay."

Yoongi cursed himself internally.

You had to say that!

He got up from the chair and turned to Taehyung, "Are you busy after this?"