14

Everyone in the room was silent. No one expected Jimin to be the target. He was so well hidden from the common people that even the nobles had no idea who he was. Then who wanted to harm Jimin?

Everyone gasped when they heard a loud thud. They looked at Seokjin. He had banged Namjoon on the nearest wall while choking him with utmost force. Namjoon was struggling to get out of his hold. He had heard that Seokjin was stronger than he looked but he never imagined the power to be so distinct. Namjoon was more than 180 cm tall and Seokjin had easily managed to get him under his control. His eyes were red. Namjoon could see the emperor he had met five years ago in his eyes. The ring that Seokjin wore and his thumbnail stabbed Namjoon's neck. "I will ask you one question. If I sense even a tiny bit of bullshit in your answer, no one knows what I'll do next." He stepped closer to Namjoon and stared right into his soul, "Who sent you the contract?"

Namjoon tried to take a deep breath but Seokjin was stopping his air flow. "It is confidential."

Seokjin scoffed. He left Namjoon with a jerk and turned to Hoseok, "Bring Jimin back to the palace and arrest Jungkook." Hoseok bowed to him and ran out of the room.

"We gave up on that contract five years ago." Namjoon protested. He was about to add to his protest when he felt a heavy punch right across his face. The punch was so powerful that he almost fell to the ground.

Seokjin glared at him, "I warned you. No bullshitting." He paused for a few seconds to let Namjoon answer, but Namjoon just stayed silent. "Seungcheol, arrest Namjoon."

In about twenty minutes, Hoseok entered the study with Jimin and Jungkook.

"Hyung!" Jungkook immediately knelt beside Namjoon. He took Namjoon's face in his hands, "What happened here?"

Namjoon's cheek and his lower lip were busted and bleeding. His white shirt had a few spots of blood. His hands were cuffed behind his back. His suit coat was missing with his tie. His hair was dishevelled. Jungkook noticed the blaring red marks around Namjoon's neck. Jungkook looked around and scanned everyone's knuckles. Seokjin's knuckles were red, but the man with fierce eyes, Choi Seungcheol, his knuckles were bleeding.

"Why is he not in handcuffs?" Seokjin glared at Hoseok.

"Because he is following my orders." Jimin snapped at Seokjin, "Can I know what the fuck is going on here?"

Seokjin rolled his eyes, "They had got a contract to kill you. And Namjoon won't tell me who issued the contract."

Jungkook's eyes turned sharp, "It was an anonymous request. We don't know who issued it."

Seokjin scoffed, "Wow. One said that it was confidential, and now the other is saying that it was an anonymous request."

As Jungkook tried to get up, Namjoon stopped him, "Jungkook, no."

Jungkook patted Namjoon's shoulder, "It's okay, hyung. There is no one to use it anymore." He got up and turned to Seokjin, "I can prove that it was an anonymous request. Permission to access a computer."

Seokjin looked at Yoongi. Yoongi nodded and gave a laptop to Jungkook. Jungkook sat on the floor beside Namjoon and started typing on the laptop. He turned to Namjoon, "Hyung."

Namjoon sighed deeply, "12549076."

Jungkook typed the numbers in. He navigated through the system and finally turned the laptop to Seokjin. "See. It was an anonymous request. They were ready to pay us at least three times more than what we usually charged." Yoongi took the laptop and gave it to Seokjin.

There was a picture of Jimin on the screen. The description was weird. It said that Jimin was a bastard prince who was engaged to Seokjin. It also stated how bratty Jimin was. It was clear from the description that the person who contacted Namjoon and his team didn't know anything about Jimin. Especially the fact that he was the younger prince who everyone thought died in the plane crash. It was marked 'Declined.'