6

Breaking News:
Titled as "The Most Earning Young Star" Kim Taehyung announced his retirement from the industry following the death of his mother. Said he would focus on his studies from now on.

Namjoon closed his eyes and leaned back into the bed. He was happy that Taehyung could finally do something that he liked. Should he visit him? After a lot of pondering, he finally decided to visit the funeral that Taehyung was holding. It was open to the public. People said it was the last time they would see Taehyung as a super star. He had an event lined up too. Though it was after a month, the tickets were already sold out. The only regret that Namjoon had was that he didn't get to buy the tickets. Because one, he was late and two he had no money.

Should I ask Seokjin for it?

No! He was an emperor. He shouldn't ask Seokjin such trivial things. He can just stream it illegally. For now, he focused on going to the funeral. He unlocked his phone again.

Hoseok (Main guard)

I want half a day off.

He wasn't expecting it but the reply was fast. Was he not on duty?

Hoseok (Main guard)

Why?

I am going to a funeral.

Fine.
You can go.
Don't forget to bring Jungkook to the palace later today.

👍🏽

Namjoon locked the phone. He just sat there staring at the wall opposite to him even when he received a few more notifications. He knew it was most probably Hoseok yelling at him to not use emojis and communicate properly. Or something on the line of 'I am your superior officer and you can not use emojis with me.' But he didn't care. He'd probably do it again.

Namjoon had moved to the palace a few days ago. He was not expecting a huge room or any luxuries in the room. But what he got was beyond his expectation. The room was huge. It was on the right of Hoseok's room but there were three rooms in between. It was already furnished with all the basic necessities as Hoseok had told him but the definition for basic necessities was clearly different for Namjoon and Hoseok. Namjoon was expecting the room to be much smaller and only equipped with a bed and side table. But the room had many more things. A huge double bed was in the middle of the room. There was a huge window on the left and a walk-in closet on the right. Right across the bed there was a bookshelf and small study table. A washroom to the right of the bookshelf. The bookshelf was fairly empty. He looked out of the window. It was a bit cloudy but not entirely gloomy. The notification on his phone made him look away.

Jungkookie

I hear there is a funeral for that woman.
Are you going?

Namjoon chuckled. Jungkook was always worried about Namjoon. He was a little agitated when Hoseok told Jungkook to stay at the guard's building. But soon Jungkook made friends with some of the guards. That kid was really good at making friends.

Jungkookie

Haven't decided yet.
But I will drop by in the afternoon.
Seokjin wants to meet you and assign you your position.

Okay!
I will be ready.

The thing that was irritating him was the funeral. He was not going there to pay respects. No. He was already mad that the lady died an easy death. He was going there because he wanted to see Taehyung and probably meet him. The only thing that stressed him out was the reaction he would get from Taehyung.