Episode 4: Bruises

Channing's pov:

Determined to uncover the truth about Kaylie Johnson, I drove to the address I found in my research, 9012 Florence Ave. I rang the doorbell, and a woman in her late twenties opened the door. Her eyes widened with surprise.

Woman: Can I help you?

Channing: Hi, my name is Channing. I've been doing some research on Kaylie Johnson, the babysitter. May I speak with you and your little?

Woman: (hesitant) Come in.

As I entered, I noticed a cozy living room with toys scattered around. The little, named Lily, sat playing with blocks. The woman introduced herself as Mia.

Channing: I found an article about a woman and her little who went through a terrible experience with Kaylie. I need to know your story.

Mia: (sighs) It's a painful memory, but if it helps stop her, I'll share. Kaylie mistreated Lily, stole her belongings, and even kidnapped her. We had to go into witness protection after she escaped custody.

Channing: I'm so sorry you went through that. My daughter hired her as a babysitter for her little, Ember. I need to gather evidence to protect my grandbaby.

Mia: (concerned) Please, do whatever it takes to keep your little safe.

Meanwhile, back at Carla's house, the night unfolded differently.

Carla's pov:

As I left for my overnight shift, I felt reassured knowing Kaylie was with Emmie. Little did I know, my world was about to crumble.

Kaylie's pov:

The night was dark, and the house was eerily silent as I watched Emmie sleep. An unsettling grin crept across my face as I contemplated the next phase of my plan. I grabbed a toy from the shelf and struck Emmie's arm, leaving a faint bruise.

Emmie stirred, and I quickly placed the toy back on the shelf. Whispering in her ear, I warned her, "Don't tell your mommy what I do to you, and I won't give your paci and stuff back."

Emmie's eyes welled up with tears, but she nodded in fear. The night continued with more mistreatment, leaving Emmie scared and defenseless.

Channing's pov:

After hearing Mia and Lily's story, I left their home with a heavy heart. I couldn't believe Kaylie had resumed her malicious acts. Determined to expose her, I decided to contact the police and provide them with the information I gathered.

Back at Carla's house:

Morning arrived, and I returned home to find Emmie sleeping with visible bruises. Shock and anger surged through me as I cradled her in my arms.

Carla: (worried) What happened, Emmie?

Emmie hesitated, glancing nervously at Kaylie, who feigned innocence.

Emmie: (whispering) Kaylie hurt me, Mama.

Carla's heart sank as she confronted Kaylie.

Carla: What is the meaning of this?

Kaylie: (feigning innocence) I don't know what she's talking about.

Carla, fueled by a protective rage, demanded the truth. Little did she know, the battle for Ember's safety had only just begun.

A/N: This is the end of this Forth Chapter Of The Babysitter. How do you like it so far? Is Kaylie finally caught by Carla???