Episode 7: More Lies

Carla's Pov: 

The day unfolded as Carla, still conflicted by the recent events, headed to work, leaving Kaylie to watch over Emmie. The hidden cameras continued to record their every move, exposing a facade of normalcy that concealed a darker truth.

During her break, Carla decided to confide in Elena, her trusted friend and confidante. The weight of the recent kiss and Kaylie's unexpected feelings weighed heavily on Carla's heart.

Carla: (nervous) Elena, something strange happened. Kaylie kissed me, and she confessed she has feelings for me.

Elena's expression shifted from concern to alarm, as she knew the sinister side of Kaylie that Carla was yet to discover.

Elena: (worried) Carla, you need to listen to me. I've received information that Kaylie is not who she seems. She's been mistreating Emmie.

Carla: (defensive) That can't be true, Elena. She's been nothing but supportive and caring.

Elena: (frustrated) Carla, I know you might not want to believe it, but I've seen the evidence. She's manipulating both you and Emmie.

Carla, still in denial, dismissed Elena's warnings, choosing to trust the version of reality that Kaylie had carefully crafted.

Later, as Carla drove home, her phone buzzed with an incoming call from Channing. The truth, unraveling with each passing moment, was about to confront her head-on.

Channing: (urgent) Carla, we need to talk. It's about Kaylie.

Carla, now on edge, listened as Channing revealed the disturbing details of Kaylie's past and the harm she had inflicted on others.

Carla: (angry) How could she do that? I trusted her!

Channing: (calm) I know, Carla, but we need to act now to protect Emmie.

Carla, caught between conflicting emotions, felt a surge of anger and betrayal. As she drove home, her mind churned with the unsettling revelations.

Upon arriving, Carla was greeted by the sight of Emmie playing and Kaylie cooking dinner. The contrast between the seemingly idyllic scene and the disturbing truths revealed left Carla torn.

Kaylie: (smiling) You're home early, love.

Carla, struggling to reconcile the conflicting narratives, forced a smile and replied, "Yeah."

As the facade of normalcy continued, Carla's naive trust in Kaylie further solidified, driving a wedge between her and those who genuinely cared for her and Emmie.

A/N: This is the end of this Seventh Chapter Of The Babysitter. How do you like it so far? Is Carla falling for The BabySitter?