Episode 5: I Lie, Mama

Carla's pov:

The morning after the disturbing events, I found Emmie sleeping soundly with her thumb in her mouth. Kaylie was in the living room, cleaning up toys and acting as if nothing had happened.

Carla: (worried) How did she get those bruises, Kaylie?

Kaylie: (smiling) Oh, she said she fell while playing. I put some cream on her bruises. I was washing dishes when it happened.

I sighed with relief, grateful for Kaylie's supposed innocence. Little did I know, Emmie was protecting her abuser, a fact that would later haunt us.

Channing's pov:

Unable to reach Emmie through her little tablet, worry gnawed at my heart. I decided to pay Carla a visit at her workplace. Upon arrival, I learned Carla was on break, so I approached Elena Rose.

Channing: Elena, I need to talk to Carla. It's urgent.

Elena Rose: (concerned) What's wrong, Channing?

Channing: It's about Kaylie, The Babysitter. She's dangerous, and Emmie might be in danger.

Elena Rose: (serious) Tell me everything.

As I recounted the events and shared what Mia and Lily had gone through, Elena's expression turned grave.

Elena Rose: I'll handle this. You go home, Channing.

Channing nodded, grateful for Elena's support.

Meanwhile, at Carla's house:

Elena Rose arrived at Carla's house, peering through the window. Her heart sank as she witnessed the true extent of Kaylie's cruelty. Shocked and furious, she left the scene of Carla's house and went home and thought about how to tell Carla.

Kaylie's pov:

Emmie lay fast asleep, unaware that her little tablet had been tampered with. I stomped on it to ensure no communication could reach her. Anger boiled within me as I muttered, "You almost got me in trouble, you little shit!"

Later that day, as Carla returned home, she found Emmie sleeping peacefully. I was in the living room, pretending everything was normal.

Carla: (relieved) Thank you for taking care of her, Kaylie.

Kaylie: (acting innocent) Of course, Carla. Just doing my job.

Carla, trusting in Kaylie's facade, remained unaware of the true horror that had unfolded.

Channing's POV:

Unable to contact Emmie, worry consumed me. I called her little tablet through a video call repeatedly, but there was no response. The sinking feeling in my gut intensified.

Channing: (frustrated) Come on, Emmie, answer.

At that moment, Elena Rose arrived at my door, her face stern with determination.

Elena Rose: We need to act fast. I saw everything through the window. We have to save Emmie.

Channing: and we will, but we blow all of this up in Carla's face she won't believe us...

Elena Rose: I know, Emmie is like my little too. 

Channing: I know, you're like my daughter-in-law already.

A/N: This is the end of this Fifth Chapter Of The Babysitter. How do you like it so far? Do you think Carla will believe Elena her crush and her own mother?