viii.

third person pov

now playing
happiness - taylor swift

❝ no one teaches you what to
do when a good man hurts
you. and you know you
hurt him too ❞

❝ there is happiness in our
history, across our great
divide there is a
glorious sunrise. ❞

"Nick! Chris!" Natalie's voice erupted, piercing the air like a bolt of lightning. In that instant, the heads of Nick and Chris snapped towards her, their eyes locking onto her figure.

With a surge of boundless energy, Natalie propelled herself towards them, her feet propelling her forward with determination. In a swift and seamless motion, she enveloped both of them in her embrace, her arms encircling their bodies like a vice.

The force of her affection sent them sprawling to the ground, a symphony of laughter escaping their lips, intermingling with the sheer joy of their reunion.

"Tills!" Their voices harmonized in perfect unison as they sat up, their eyes widening in surprise and curiosity. "Are you even allowed to be here?" they inquired, their words laced with a blend of incredulity and intrigue.

"No, but I just had to see you guys again! It's been too long" Natalie confessed, her voice filled with a mixture of longing and affection. With a gentle release from the embrace, she expressed her profound yearning for their presence, the ache of their absence too great to bear.

"You have a lot of explaining to do," Chris remarked, his voice laced with amusement. A playful giggle escaped his lips as he playfully acknowledged the need for explanations.

Natalie, in silent agreement, nodded her head, acknowledging the weight of the situation and the necessity to shed light on the mysteries that lay before them.

"I do owe you an explanation," Natalie admitted, her voice tinged with a sense of responsibility. "I'll explain it to you guys soon though. i feel like today isnt the day for that," she explained, her words carrying a hint of caution and a desire to choose the most fitting moment for their conversation.

Nick and Chris exchanged nods, their agreement evident in their synchronized gestures. "We plan something then," Nick proposed, his voice brimming with enthusiasm. "Like a little hangout. Its been too long," he expressed, a tinge of nostalgia coloring his words. Chris and Natalie mirrored his sentiment, their nods affirming the necessity of such a joyous occasion.

"Yeah, sure! Just dm me and we can sort something ou-" Natalie's voice trailed off as her gaze fixated on the figure of Matt, interrupting her words. A sense of urgency filled her tone as she hastily interjected.

"I have to go." Her eyes never wavered from Matt's presence as she swiftly rose from the ground, striding purposefully in the opposite direction. Unbeknownst to her, Matt trailed closely behind, the air thick with unspoken tension.

"Hey, hold on!" Matt's voice reverberated through the air, carrying a sense of urgency and longing. "Tilly!" he called out once again, his voice infused with raw emotion. The echoes of his plea lingered, as if hoping to bridge the distance between them.

In a swift motion, he closed the gap between them, his fingers tightly encircling her delicate wrist. The sudden contact jolted her, causing her head to snap back, her eyes locking onto his with a mixture of surprise and apprehension.