xxii

third person pov

"Hey, whats wrong?" Chris inquired, his countenance etched with concern, as Natalie sought solace in his embrace.

"My mom," Natalie whispered, her voice barely above a hush, as though the words were too heavy to carry.

Chris's expression softened into a concerned frown, his arms instinctively encircling her waist in a gesture of reassurance and support.

The weight of her words hung in the air, and he knew that whatever troubled her was significant.

"What about your mom, Tills?" Chris inquired, his voice laced with empathy, as a solitary tear escaped Natalie's glistening eyes, tracing a path down her delicate cheek.

"My father... he's the one who took her life," Natalie muttered, her voice barely above a whisper, the weight of her words hanging heavily in the air.

Chris's eyes widened in shock, his mind struggling to comprehend the gravity of her revelation.

In that moment, the weight of Natalie's pain seemed to fill the room, and Chris knew that he needed to be there for her, to offer comfort and support in her time of need.

Natalie buried her face into his chest, seeking solace in his embrace, as he pulled her closer, gently resting his chin on her head.

The warmth of his presence offered a sense of comfort as she began to release the pent-up emotions, her sobs echoing in the quiet room.

In that tender moment, it felt as though time had slowed down, allowing them to find solace in each other's company, the weight of her sorrow shared and lightened by his unwavering support.

"Shhh, it's alright," Chris murmured softly, his words carrying a soothing reassurance as he tenderly planted a gentle kiss on her head, a gesture of comfort and care in the midst of her emotional turmoil.

Natalie sniffed softly, her eyes meeting Chris's with a tender smile that conveyed a mix of gratitude and vulnerability.

The warmth of his embrace provided a sense of security, allowing her to close her eyes and rest the side of her head against his chest, finding a moment of peace in the midst of her emotional turmoil.

In that quiet embrace, the weight of her sorrow seemed to lighten, replaced by a comforting sense of connection and understanding.

Natalie allowed the silence to envelop them for a couple of minutes, giving herself the space to release the tears that had been building up.

Natalie's eyes fluttered open, revealing a hazy vision blurred by tears. However, amidst the emotional fog, she found a sense of clarity in the realization that she was not navigating her vulnerability alone.

Natalie's gaze captured the silhouette of a tall man, reminiscent of Matt's distinctive stature.

Natalie's delicate fingers moved to gently brush away the tears that had gathered on her cheeks, leaving a trail of moisture in their wake.