xix.

third person pov

now playing
bad idea right? - olivia rodrigo

❝ god, when i look at you my brain
goes, "ah". can't hear my thoughts ❞

❝ "i only see him as a friend" the
biggest lie i ever said ❞

Chris and Natalie engaged in a spirited debate, lasting a substantial thirty minutes, as they grappled with the question of who would relinquish the comfort of the bed and settle for the floor.

After much deliberation, they arrived at a rather unconventional solution: to share the same bed, yet maintain a semblance of personal space by placing a pillow between them.

It was an agreement born out of compromise, a testament to their ability to find middle ground amidst conflicting desires.

As Natalie laid in serene silence, her body nestled against the softness of the pillow, her gaze fixated on the unseen depths of the room.

Meanwhile, Chris, absorbed in the captivating realm of TikTok, gracefully swiped and scrolled through an endless stream of captivating content.

The juxtaposition of stillness and motion created a harmonious tableau, a tranquil moment where their individual pursuits coexisted within the shared space of their surroundings.

"Chris?" she whispers, her voice barely a breath, as he responds with a gentle hum of acknowledgement.

The air grows thick with anticipation as she summons the courage to voice the question that dances on the tip of my tongue.

"Wanna go out?" she inquires, her words laced with a sense of longing. In a graceful motion, Chris turns around, removing the barrier of the pillow that once separated them, and she follow suits, their eyes locking in a moment of profound connection.

"Where do you wanna go?" Chris inquires, his voice carrying a tinge of excitement.

"Hmm," She hums softly, her mind swirling with possibilities. A mischievous smile graces her lips as she rises from the comfort of the bed, her eagerness palpable in the air.

Chris, sitting up with a curious gaze, awaits her response. "I have a place in mind," she reveals, a twinkle of excitement dancing in her eyes.

"Yeah?" he inquired, his voice filled with curiosity. She nodded affirmatively, a glimmer of anticipation in her eyes. "And where's that?" He asks, his voice tinged with excitement.

"I can't tell you! That will ruin the surprise," Natalie's voice danced with playful mischief as she bounded over to Chris's side of the bed. With a graceful movement, her hand found its place interlocked with his, their fingers entwined in a tender embrace.

The room came alive with the symphony of their laughter as Natalie pulled Chris along, their steps quickening in unison.

"Hey, slow down!" Chris chuckled breathlessly, his voice filled with playful delight. Natalie, caught up in the moment, came to a gentle halt, her laughter echoing through the air. Their shared amusement intertwined, creating a harmonious melody of joy.

In that fleeting moment, time seemed to stand still as they reveled in the sheer bliss of their connection. The world around them faded into the background, leaving only their laughter to fill the space between them.