Oddly Emotional

Out of every single person in the world I had to be 'betrothed' to?

Arc?

What the hell is this? The eighteen hundreds?

The headache that I'd gotten after my dad told me this morning had yet to go away and every time I thought about it, the worse it got.

I'm missing a shoe, an Asa and probably my sanity.

Each class seemed to drag on and the urge to skip them all increased.

However, the Reign that had left this academy a year ago would never ever skip any class no matter the uselessness.

It's almost funny how freedom allows you to see your real self.

In New York, I am the daughter of one of the richest men in the world and an extremely successful clothing designer.

At the academy in France, I was just another spoilt kid with rich parents so there was nothing I could do that would possibly get me judged or looked down on.

The good old days if you ask me.

Being here now, I really regret not taking Calais up on that offer of going back to France with her.

A gentle tap on my shoulder pulled me out of my lamenting about my regrets and I looked up to find the teacher looking down at me.

"Your father has requested that you leave immediately, Ms. Black." His gaze was almost sympathetic as he spoke and I almost did not want to know the lie my dad came up with this time.

I picked up my bag and made my way to the office where Max and Ajax, my unofficial bodyguards sat.

The secretary signed me out and off the three of us set, towards the car.

Once I'd left the school building I got a text from my dad saying to go to Asa's apartment instead of going straight home.

If that isn't weird then I have no idea what is.

I let the two others know before I settle into the backseat of the SUV.

The drive was short as usual and I got out without a word, Ajax following behind me.

The doorman let me in as normal and we made our way to the elevator.

Asa's apartment was always pristine.

Not a single piece of furniture was out of place and there was not a spec of dust on any surface.

I rest my bag on the stand in the foyer before taking my shoes off.

My eyes stung as I felt the sleep that I could not find last night found me.

The bathroom that I'd unofficially claimed as my own seemed to draw me even closer to sleep.

The warm water most definitely did not help the situation and I soon found myself laying down in one of Asa's shirts ready to sleep at one thirty in the afternoon.