Copycat...Or Dog

"Rei, are you sure that you want to go back there?" Calais Bellefontaine spoke from her place next to me.

I smiled, looking down from the balcony where we stood.

"You can always come back with me. I'm sure my papa would have no problem with both of us going to Spain for the exchange year." She added, knowing the prospect of us in Spain at the same time was almost as appealing as being back home for the year.

"No Lai,  I've been in France all year and now it's time I face the bloody music." I sigh, downing the last of my champagne.

Her arms wrapped around my shoulders and I pulled her in by the waist.

"You better give them hell, Reign." She spoke, as we turned to face each other.

A sadistic smile graced my lips before I answered my best friend.

"Lai, I promise you that when I'm done with them, they'll wish they'd taken the easy route down."

The soft music flowed through the night as couples glided around the floor

I was part of them about ten minutes ago, but as you'd expect a seven hour flight from London to New York would tire one out.

Calais had left a while back, needing to prepare for her flight to Spain tomorrow morning.

My whole family was being social, which is actually what I should have been doing in the first place.

However, my tiredness comes before any old businessman's name and family history.

"Ah, elle vit!" His voice was sarcastic as always, but I guess not hearing it for a year makes it more tolerable now.(Ah, she lives!)

"Vous savez que je parle encore  anglais, n'est-ce pas ?" I scoffed at the annoyingly attractive boy in front of me.  (You do know that I still speak English right?)

"Obviously you still speak English, plus you were only gone for a year." He rolled his eyes.

Asa freaking De Santis, ladies and gentlemen or more commonly known as Axle White.

The single most attractive, cocky bastard you'll ever come across.

Both our heads turned as his name was called from somewhere in the room.

With that he stood up, buttoning his suit jacket.

When he was a good foot from the table he turned and walked back to the table, with a smirk that could only be described as malicious on his face.

"Did I ever tell you how good you sound speaking French?" His voice was low as he spoke.

Deciding to play along, I tilt my head upwards to look him in the eyes.

"No, but I'd love for you to tell me now."

His voice lowered even more and he came closer before he spoke his last sentence to me for the night.