need your comfort

★ fluff
- black braids era

☆★☆★
it was around 4 pm and you're at the studio with the whole band. you're just chilling in the waiting room, reading a book while waiting for your boyfriend tom to finish doing band rehearsals. usually you just wait for him in the hotel room but you're starting to get bored there all by yourself.

its only been a couple hours and tom enters the room. sitting down next to you and resting his head on your shoulder. not a single word came out of his mouth but you can tell hes not in the mood today.

y/n: taking a break baby?
you asked softly, however he didnt respond. infact it looked like hes about to fall asleep on your shoulder there.

tom: lets go back to our hotel babe..
he mumbled, tiredness can be heard from his raspy voice.
y/n: what? but its still 4?
tom: its fine, i already told the rest im leaving early anyway.
y/n: well.. okay then love
he gets up and grabbed ur hand before exiting the room.

about 30 minutes later tom drove both of you back to the hotel. entering the cold hotel room you both share. he took his shoes off before throwing himself onto the bed.
y/n: babe, dont you wanna change to something comfortable first?
he took his jacket off only leaving him in his black sweater and went back to falling asleep.

you sat next to him, stroking his braids and rubbing his back as comfort before you could hear his quiet snores. he really is THAT tired huh?

[ TIME SKIP! ]

it is now 6 pm, which it has been 2 hours since you and tom got back to the hotel room. you were reading a book when tom finally woke up from his nap. his back was facing you before he turned over.
y/n: hey love, feeling okay?
tom: mmh...
he mumbled. he wrapped his arm over your waist and his head is now resting on the side of your chest. you put your arm over him to give him more space to lay.

tom: what are you reading...?
half awake with his eyes still blurry.
y/n: just some horror thriller novel.
rubbing his back while you said so.
tom: come sleep with meee....
y/n: babe im not tired yet, how about in a bit? we havent even had any dinner
tom: we can wake up later tonight for dinner..
y/n: alright but im still not tired to fall asleep yet
tom: please lay with me atleast and stop reading your novel...
y/n: well alright love.

he moved away from your body to give you space to lay down since you were sitting up. you laid down facing him as he scoot over making himself the little spoon. his face was hid against your chest, his arms wrapped around your waist.

he definitely wanted to feel your heart beat. he said it before whenever he was anxious or exhausted, feeling his lover's heart beat was one of his comfort. in this case, you're his one and only lover. and your heartbeat is his comfort.

whenever he decides to be the little spoon, he felt really small in your arms. but its really cute seeing him like this, its not often that he wants to be the little spoon.

y/n: are you feeling alright baby? i feel like you've been very bumped out today..
you said as gentle as possible, almost like a whisper only he could hear. however, no respond from him. you kissed his head a few times to let him know that you love him.
y/n: you know you can always talk to me abou-
tom: i love you.
he mumbled. you cant quite make up what he was saying since his face is burried against your chest.
y/n: huh?
tom: i said, i love you. i love you so much.
he lift his head a little for you to hear him better.
you smiled as butterflies filled your stomach.

tom: im just really drained out lately and.. i really need your comfort. is that okay?
y/n: ofcourse tom. i love you so much okay baby? if theres anything i could do to make you feel better just let me know.
you drowned him in kisses as he smiles. it was the most heart warming smile you've ever seen from him, hes so cute.
tom: you being next to me is enough love.