Chapter 13

When Sun awoke at dawn it was to the faint sound of your laughing. He purred happily at the sound and reached out, trying to bring you close to his chest and cuddle with you only to find that you weren't there. Confused and concerned, he opened his eyes and found he was alone in the little nest he had made out of the soft things he had taken from your sleeping area in preparation for the night. Now, even more confused he pushed himself up only to hear your laugh again coming from outside. His fins flicked towards the noise as a bright smile stretched across his face and he bounded towards the door, throwing it open in excitement only to freeze at what he saw.

There you were, beautiful, wonderful you smiling brightly as his brother cuddled you close with his tail as he pointed down at something in one of your weird little things. He slowly said something Sun couldn't quite catch and you started to laugh again which made Sun bristle. Why was he so annoyed by this? It didn't make any sense! He was always fine whenever you cuddled with Moon, if anything, it usually brought him so much joy to see his two favorite beings in the world getting along! So why did he just want to rip you away from Moon and chase his brother away? Why did he want Moon as far away from you as he could possibly get him? He quickly shook his head, trying to remove these strange feelings before putting on a forced smile and slithering up to the two of you quietly. Once he was close enough he quickly lunged, landing harshly on Moon's tail which made the darker Mer yelp before he hugged you tightly, causing you to jump before smiling widely when you saw him. He chirped happily and quickly brought you up for a big hug, but not before noticing Moon's slight growl when you were taken from his grasp.

"Good morning my sweet little Sunspot! How are you this wonderful morning?" Sun asked happily as he hugged you close, relishing the laugh that came from you when he did so.

"Good morning Puppy! I'm doing pretty well, how about you?" You asked as you gently scratched his head fins with your soft fingers, making him purr happily as he leaned into it before nuzzling his face into your chest. He froze for a second when he smelled Moon all over you and growled softly before furiously rubbing his face against you, making you giggle as always.

    Oh, how he loved these sweet noises of yours! How he loved your joy whenever he scented you or held you close, loved how excited you always seemed for him to do it! No, you did like it! You must look forward to it if those little sounds of yours were anything to go by! Of course, you did, I mean, why else would you let him do so? Oh, you were just so sweet and cute! Waiting for his scent as you did-

    His scenting was suddenly interrupted though, which tore Sun from his thoughts as he looked up, only to hiss in displeasure at seeing Moon holding you in his arms, but Moon ignored it and instead furiously rubbed his face against you, making you giggle. NO! Nonononono! You were supposed to enjoy HIS scenting, not Moon's! Sun growled again and was about to grab you again when, without warning, Moon threw you into the pool. You shrieked right before you fell into the water, making Moon chuckle before he turned to Sun with a dark look on his face.

"What. Did. You. Do." Moon asked harshly, fins bristling and Sun bared his teeth slightly in retaliation, unsure what his brother was getting at but not wanting to back down.

"I did nothing!" Sun hissed out, but Moon's look only grew darker as he bared his teeth as well.

"Don't give me that! You bit their fucking-" Moon started, voice growing in volume as he spoke when they heard a loud splash, causing the two Mers to freeze before turning to the sound, relaxing as they saw you climbing out of the water with a disgruntled look on your face.

"Moon! Give me a warning next time! Or at least, wait until I'm wearing appropriate gear! Now my new clothes are soaked!" You said with a huff as you stared up at the huge, dark Mer who only cackled more at your disgruntled expression, before flicking sand at you with his tail, his grin growing as you jumped back with a yelp which only made Sun more frustrated as he hissed at his brother. Moon ignored him though and instead slithered closer to you before cupping your face in his hands which angered Sun more, and by the smug look on Moon's face that was what he had been looking for.