Chapter 16

TRIGGER WARNING!!! Suicidal thoughts, self-harm and suicide ideation!! Please proceed with caution!

You tiredly blinked your eyes open as sunlight filtered into your room, leaving you disoriented after having only just awoken from your deep sleep. You yawned before sitting up, tiredly rubbing at your eyes before stretching out only to wince as you felt a soreness in your lower body. You furrowed your brows, confused, before shrugging it off. Maybe you overdid it when you moved Eclipse around yesterday? Yeah, that had to be it! But, then why did your lower half and the sheets feel a little damp? Usually, anything that got water on it after your shower dried by morning-

    You were suddenly torn from your thoughts when two large hands grabbed your waist and suddenly pulled you back down into the nest, making you yelp in surprise which made someone behind you chuckle in amusement before purring and kissing your forehead. You blushed brightly before quickly spinning yourself around, finding Moon's red eyes waiting for you as he hugged you closer to him and wound his tail around your legs.

"Good morning Star~" He purred out before nuzzling your cheek, making you giggle before yawning again. Geez, it seemed like you'd need a few days of proper rest before you recovered from that all-nighter...

"Good morning Moon! How was your evening? I hope it wasn't too boring without me!" You teased and the Mer huffed out a laugh before hugging you closer and kissing the top of your head, causing your face to heat up again. When the heck did they learn to do that?!

"No, I wasn't bored. With all of the thrashing around you did it was hard to forget you were there." He said with a laugh and you turned to him, surprised.

"I was thrashing around a lot in my sleep?" You asked, surprised. Usually, you slept pretty soundly and rarely moved, did you have a bad dream?

"Yes, you kept moving around, I was worried you were having a nightmare..." Moon said, a concerned look crossing his face and you sighed softly as you gently pet the top of his head, smiling as he leaned into your touch and purred.

"Well, you don't have to worry about that! I can't really remember my dreams very well, so-" You started when you suddenly saw flashes of icebergs in your mind, Narwhal Mers, Moon, Moon kissing you, his heat...

    Your face flushed brightly and you quickly looked away from the Mer in question, feeling embarrassed by the images of the dream your poor, sleep-deprived brain cooked up in your exhaustion. Oh god, did you have a-a wet dream about Moon?! How could your mind do that?! That was...Oh heavens...You quickly grabbed a pillow from beside you and screamed into it, hoping to dispel some of your embarrassment, but when Moon chuckled and kissed the top of your head again you only grew more flustered.

"Oh~? Now what could you have dreamt about that would make you react like that~?" Moon whispered into your ear, the smirk evident in his tone. Flustered out of your mind, you quickly pushed the Mer's face away, hearing him chuckle as you quickly rushed out the door. You were only two steps out when you were suddenly swung off your feet by Sun, which made you let out a surprised shriek before you laughed as his excitement became your own.

"GOOOOOOOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!!" Sun yelled happily as he spun you around once more before throwing you up and catching you, leaving you out of breath in surprise. That was a first!

"Good morning Sunny! What's got you in such a good mood?" You asked as you looked up at the Mer, eyebrow raised in question as he had yet to put you down.

"Oh, nothingnothingnothing...EXCEPT LOOK! LOOKLOOKLOOK!!" Sun said before grasping at something around his neck. For a moment, you were just confused as to what he was grasping at before your eyes widened and a large smile spread across your face, amazed as you gently took the new, frilly fin in your hands, not noticing the shiver that went through him as you did so.