Chapter 14

Content Warning!! Gore, blood, and murder!!! If you don't want to read it, stop reading at the squiggle line!

When you returned to Sun and Moon's enclosure you were beat. With the tasks of the day taken care of and no real stuff to do outside of spending time with Sun and Moon, your body decided that it was done and tried to rest while you were still on your feet, which led to you almost falling on your face after stumbling in the sand in their enclosure. It must've been the stumbling or, if not your stumbling, then the little yelp you gave when you did so that alerted Sun to your presence as a moment after your little stumble you were lifted up and swung around in one of Sun's wonderful hugs which made you smile.

"Sunny!" You shrieked with a laugh as he spun you around and he smiled in response, giggling happily as he held you up high with his usual smile on his face.

"Sunshine! Welcome back, welcome back! How was-" Sun started excitedly before frowning and putting you down. Confused by this odd behavior you looked up at the Sunlight Mer who gently took your face into his hands with a confused look on his face. "Sunspot, my sweet, what is that smell on you?"

You froze at the question and internally slapped yourself. Crap! You forgot that Sun and Moon have a great sense of smell! If Eclipse wasn't confidential information, you would tell Sun about Eclipse but you didn't want to risk it. You desperately wanted to tell him though, you hated keeping secrets from others, especially those who were dear to you, but this situation made it tricky. After all, what if Vanessa somehow found out they could speak and tortured them for information?? Yes, you knew this was the worst-case scenario, but you would rather die than endanger either of them in even the slightest of ways!

"I wish I could tell you Sunny, but I can't unless I want to cause more trouble for you and myself...I'm sorry." You explained, softly, looking away guiltily as you felt you couldn't meet the sweet Mer's gaze. For a moment Sun just held your head in his hands before purring and gently placing his forehead against yours.

"Oh sweet, sweet Sunspot. There's no need to apologize, if you can't tell me, you can't tell me and that's all there is to it." Sun hummed before rubbing his cheeks to yours. "Now, let's get rid of that ghastly smell, and then-" Sun started in a soothing tone before cutting himself off and freezing, confusing you immensely. But when Sun pulled away from you and you saw the thunderous look on his face, you knew something was wrong. "Sunshine." He hissed out darkly as one of his hands gently glided over your neck, making you shiver slightly. "Who did this?"

"What do you mean?" You asked dumbly, more than a little distracted due to the delicate touch on your neck and the shocking amount of venom in his voice. Why was he so angry?

"These marks, who did this?" He asked again as he pressed slightly harder on your throat, the venom seemingly growing more concentrated as he spoke and you blinked at him a few times, confused, before realizing what he meant and leaning into the hand that still cradled your face with a reassuring smile.

"Vanessa did that when she got angry with me, but I promise I'm alright! Moon already cleaned it up and it doesn't really hurt anymore, so I'm fine!" You said with a soft smile as you nuzzled his hand, but Sun's didn't return it. In fact, his expression only grew darker as he glared at your neck.

"Vanessa, you say?" He asked, voice holding something you couldn't decipher as he started to shake, and you slowly nodded, though concerned by his strange behavior.

"Yeah...Is everything alright Puppy? You look distraught..." You asked softly as you reached up to take his head in your hands, but he was just out of reach. His eyes widened slightly at the action before he finally smiled softly and gently lowered his face into your hands with a purr.