1: The New Champion

Wriothesley was in the middle of reviewing this month's roster of prisoners when he heard a commotion right outside his office. He was seated at his desk, one hand with silver rings on each finger was placed on his cheek, while the other rustled through the stack of papers. Next to him was an empty cup of his fourth serving of tea that afternoon. He was used to the hustle and bustle of the Fortress. After all, he had personally authorized so many different types of clubs and activities, it would have been strange if there wasn't a bit of noise every now and then.

 After all, he had personally authorized so many different types of clubs and activities, it would have been strange if there wasn't a bit of noise every now and then

He had already read through five files. Nothing crazy to note so far. All of them committed basic crimes, such as thieving, breaking and entering the Palais Mermonia, breaking and entering the Opera Epiclese, or just starting another illegal smuggling business.

Always the same old shit.

It was only after he had picked up the sixth file did he have the slightest change of facial expression. This particular file had no photo on it, which rarely happened.

(f/n) (l/n).

He stared at the name for a couple of minutes, before he finally let out a knowing smirk. There was only one reason why Monglane at the Administrative Area would exclude it. 

It was a young woman's name. A pretty name too. Wriothesley had a reputation of hitting on all the attractive female prisoners. 

He flipped through the file to read the details of the crime when someone suddenly banged on his office door.

"State your name and business," he said annoyed.

"Your Grace! I have an urgent report to make! It is regarding the Pankration Ring!" a hurried voice sounded from the other side.

He recognized the voice as Elise, one of the prison guards, and replied, "Enter."

Elise rushed inside the office, one hand on her chest as she slowed her breathing. Her heartbeat would accelerate every time she was around Wriothesley. After all, he was the most handsome man to exist on the surface of the planet... and below!

Forgetting why she was there for a moment, she practically drooled at the sight of him. As usual, he was wearing a large fur cloak that resembled raised hackles and several wolf-head emblems on his clothing. Beneath it was a vest and a loose red necktie; grey pants with handcuffs hanging from his belt. Completing the look were tall black boots. His black hair with silver streaks in his bangs was spiked up in two points, almost giving him the appearance of a pair of perked ears.

But nothing beat his eyes. Those damned and gorgeous pale blue eyes would be the death of anyone who stared into them for too long. 

Wriothesley was already annoyed that Elise had interrupted him just when he was about to learn more about the mystery prisoner, (y/n), whose photo was hidden from him, but now he was becoming irritable.