8: Infiltrated

You left Wriothesley's office and were now making your way back to your cell room. Your entire body was so sore from all the sex. How many rounds did you and Wriothesley end up going? Was it four? Or five? You definitely lost count. You couldn't help but smile to yourself.

Ever since Elise had been dismissed, you no longer had a guard stationed in front of your cell room. Despite that, you saw a figure idling nearby.

You slowed your pace and tried to make out who it could be. As you approached closer, you recognized it was Lyney. His expression was hard to read.

"Lyney? What are you still doing here?" you asked taken aback.

When he saw you, his expression instantly changed into a soft and happy one.

"(y/n)! Oh my god, I was so worried about you!" he said, rushing towards you and embracing you in a tight hug. "After that bitch guard took you away, I haven't been able to focus on anything else. I'm so glad you're safe."

You stood there kind of awkwardly as Lyney held you in his arms. You could feel his hands slowly caressing the back of your neck, and then inching lower towards the small of your back. 

"I'm fine," you responded, trying to pull away.

Lyney loosened his hold on you so that he could look at you. His eyes were full of concern, but there was something else there. They were half-lidded for some reason. Was he about to cry? Or-

Suddenly and without warning, Lyney's lips crashed into yours in a sweltering hot kiss.

You were so shocked by the sudden kiss that you stood there paralyzed, trying to make sense of the situation.

Huh?!

After a few seconds, Lyney pulled back and rested his forehead on yours. With his free hand, he gently caressed one side of your face. "If anything happened to you, I wouldn't know what to do... I... I care about you so much... I l-"

"Ahem," a cold voice sounded from behind.

If you thought you were paralyzed before, you were sure you were now petrified. Wriothesley had just arrived and had witnessed Lyney kissing you.

You immediately pulled yourself away from Lyney's hold and turned to face Wriothesley, hoping to explain yourself. But the look the Duke gave told you everything.

He was pissed beyond words.

He stared at Lyney as though he was about to rip his head off. His cryo vision began to glow.

Lyney scoffed and took a daring step towards Wriothesley, facing him. His pyro vision also began to glow.

"And what do you want?" said Lyney irritably

"And what do you want?" said Lyney irritably. "Already stalking your next prey?"

Wriothesley's eyes flashed dangerously. He completely ignored Lyney's question.