Chapter 3:

Mary collected herself, removing herself from her hug with Catherine, Catherine smiling sadly at the girl.

"Come. I shall tend to some duties while you see Lola. When you are ready I shall be with you while you talk with my son. I will not leave you or abandon you my dear. I promise you." Catherine said as Mary smiled gratefully.

"Thank you Catherine.." Mary spoke before the two left her chambers, Mary walking towards Lola's chambers.

As Mary approached Lola's door, she gathered herself, trying her best to control her temper.

"I wouldn't control anything! I'd let that wench get what she deserves for betraying you!" Rebekah yelled as Mary turned to her with a smile.

"Thank you.." Mary trailed off as Rebekah smiled

"Rebekah Mikaelson. I am Kol's brother and these are our brothers Niklaus, Elijah, and Finn. And I have a feeling we will be great friends." Rebekah said as Mary smiled and nodded politely to each of Kol's siblings before turning to the Mystic falls gang.

"May I ask who you all are?" Mary asked as Bonnie spoke up.

"I'm Bonnie Bennett, this is Damon and Stefan Salvatore, Elena Gilbert, and Caroline Forbes." Bonnie spoke without noticing Finn looking at her and Klaus looking at Caroline.

Mary smiled and nodded at each before returning her attention to the screen.

After Mary was sure she was ok, Mary entered Lola's chambers as Lola turned to Mary holding her baby, her eyes widening slightly.

"Mary.." Lola spoke softly as Mary looked to Lola with a smile

"Lola, how are you feeling?" Mary asked as she looked at Lola who smiled

"I am well. It was helpful to have Francis by my side." Lola spoke as Mary nodded

"Seriously? You couldn't even thank her for sending HER husband to help you?" Kenna scoffed as everyone nodded in agreement, Lola looking ahead as if it wasn't a big deal.

"I am sure. I am glad you and your son are well." Mary said as Lola scoffed, making Mary frown

"So we're just going to ignore the fact I'm holding your husband's child that he conceived with me." Lola said as she laid her child in the crib behind her while Mary took a breath

"I do not think it is wise to speak about that Lola. At least not at the moment." Mary said as Lola scoffed

"You mean YOU don't want to speak about it! Just tell me how you feel!" Lola yelled as Mary snapped

"FINE! YOU WANT TO TALK! LET'S TALK...YOU SLEPT WITH FRANCIS! THE MAN I LOVE! MY HUSBAND! YOU BETRAYED ME AND I PROTECTED YOU AND YOUR CHILD....YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO QUESTION ME! NOT AFTER BETRAYING ME AND OUR FRIENDSHIP!" Mary yelled as Lola stood with anger on her face before walking to the door, spiking Mary's anger.

"LOLA! DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK ON ME! I AM YOUR QUEEN!" Mary screamed as Lola turned to her.

"Am I dismissed to retrieve necessities for my child my queen?" Lola asked with mockery as Mary gathered herself and looked to Lola with a stern expression.

"Yes. You are. You are dismissed as my Lady in Waiting. I will find you a new home within ten days. That will give me time to find a new Lady while you have time to pack your belongings and settle any personal engagements you have. I will allow you and Francis to decide what to do with your child." Mary said fiercely before walking to the door

"How could you do this?! I am your best friend!" Lola yelled as Mary turned to her with a blank look.

"You were. But no longer. Good day Lola." Mary said as she walked out of Lola's chambers leaving a stunned Lola behind.

"You go girl!" Rebekah, Bonnie, and Caroline yelled as Mary laughed and smiled, Kol looking at her in awe as Francis felt jealousy spread through him, Klaus looking in awe at Caroline, Finn looking at Bonnie the same.

Mary immediately went to an office she had built for her and looked to the guard in front of the doors of the office.

"Would you please retrieve the pager Antonio" Mary asked her guard who nodded.

Mary made it a personal goal to know her subjects and treat them with the respect that she knows she would want no matter her status.

"That's a good trait in a queen. You truly are amazing darling." Kol spoke looking at Mary who blushed and looked at the screen, Kol smiling at the blush gracing her features.

"Of course my Queen." The guard stated before walking to retrieve the pager.

Mary entered her office, slamming the doors behind her as she walked to her desk and grabbed paper and her quill.

As Mary wrote she looked up when she heard a knock on her door, yelling for them to come in and smiled when she saw Catherine.

"So, have you seen Lola?" Catherine asked as Mary nodded and set her quill aside.

"I have. And I have made the decision to find her another home and dismiss her as my Lady in Waiting. I am currently writing the letter to give to the pager. He will send it to Scotland to Lola's family to inform them of these events." Mary said sternly as Catherine smiled.

"I am glad my dear. But what made you do this?" Catherine asked sitting on the couch within the office as Mary sighed and moved to sit next her.

"I will not be seen as a Queen who allows her subjects to betray her and walk away without repercussions. Lola knew that me and Francis were still with one another and she chose to lay with him. She had betrayed me as a friend and she has betrayed me as a subject. I will not allow this to go unpunished nor will I allow it to continue." Mary spoke as Catherine smiled

"You are truly a great Queen my dear. I shall stand by you on this decision." Catherine spoke as Mary smiled

"Thank you. If not for you and the support and love you have given me, I fear this would have been harder." Mary spoke as Catherine smiled gently

"You will ALWAYS have my support. I love you dear." Catherine spoke as tears welled up in Mary's eyes.

"I love you mother." Mary spoke as she hugged her, Catherine's heart warming with love at her daughter-in-law's words.

"Awe! You guys are such a sweet mother and daughter duo!" Bonnie said as Mary and Catherine laughed, thanking Bonnie who smiled and turned to see Finn smiling at her, Bonnie blushing as she looked at the screen.

The two soon removed themselves from the hug as they heard a knock, Francis barging in with a mad look.

Mary and Catherine sharing a look as they stood, prepared to face Francis together.