Chapter 10:

"Hello dear cousin." Elizabeth spoke as Mary rushed forward and hugged her tightly, Elizabeth hugging her back just as tight.

"What are you doing here?" Mary asked as she looked to her cousin.

"I heard you were pregnant and wanted to see how you were. I also heard of King Francis's violence and betrayal towards you." Elizabeth spoke, venom coating her last sentence as Mary frowned

"Oh..yes well that's why I came to Scotland...I could not allow my unborn child to be raised in that environment. The French court would only be cruel." Mary spoke as Elizabeth nodded in agreement before directing her attention to those behind her.

"And are these your friends?" Elizabeth asked as Mary smiled

"Indeed. This is Greer, Kenna, and her husband Bash." Mary spoke as each of her friends bowed to her cousin

"Tis nice to meet you your majesty." Greer spoke smoothly as Elizabeth smiled at the woman.

"Tis nice to meet you all. I presume you all would not mind if I spent some time with my dear cousin?" Elizabeth asked even though they all knew Elizebeth wasn't asking.

"Of course not! Please enjoy your time together." Greer spoke before leading Kenna and Bash out of the room leaving only Mary and Elizabeth.

Once out of sight Mary turned to Elizabeth.

"I'm overjoyed that you are here Liz." Mary spoke as Elizebeth smiled

"I have missed you Mary." Elizebeth spoke as Mary smiled

"I have missed you." Mary spoke before an idea came to her.

"Shall we go to the garden. I remember how much you favored it." Mary spoke as Elizabeth seemed to beam at the thought

"I'd love nothing more!" Elizebeth spoke, the two making there way to the garden.

"Wow..I always heard of Elizebeth as cruel.." Kenna said as Greer nodded in agreement

"My cousin has faced many hardships. She is not cruel...simply broken.." Mary said as the Mikaelsons all felt her words touch them. Somehow her words had lightened their souls.

Kol smiled and kissed Mary's head, Mary blushing at the gesture.

Upon reaching the Garden, Mary and Elizabeth spent the afternoon laid within the flowers, looking up at the sky as they spoke.

"Mary.." Elizabeth whispered as Mary turned her head to her cousin who was frowning.

"What is wrong Liz?" Mary asked as Elizabeth sighed

"What was it like the day my mother was killed?" Elizabeth asked as Mary went silent, past memories filling her mind.

~Flashback~
A 12 year old Mary rushed through the castle halls in England.

She had been spending time with her cousin Elizabeth who was only 10 when she heard word her Aunt Anne was about to be killed.

Rushing to find her she arrived at the execution stand and saw her Aunt about to be beheaded.

"NO! NO AUNT ANNE!" Mary cried as she ran to her Aunt but was held back by the guards, the guards struggling to keep her in their arms.

"Mary..It's ok.." Anne spoke gently to Mary, tears falling down her cheeks.

"NO! PLEASE! IM BEGGING YOU! UNCLE PLEASE!" Mary begged as she sobbed, her uncle Henry Vlll paying her no attention as he nodded to the executioner.

Mary watching as the axe came down upon her Aunts head, her head rolling the ground from her body.

Mary screamed and sobbed, falling to her knees as she watched her Aunt be killed.

"NO NO NO!" Mary screamed as she cried on the ground, Henry motioning to the guards to retrieve her and take her in aside.

Mary doing nothing to fight them as she cried and screamed. Her heart torn at the sight of her dead Aunt who had been more a mother to her than her real mother.

~Flashback Over~

"Horrible..." Mary whispered as she came out of her memories, Elizabeth frowning at the tears coming down her cousins cheeks.

Quickly hugging one another, they laid in each others embrace, both silently crying as they remembered Anne Boleyn, a beautiful woman and an amazing mother and Aunt.

"Oh Mary.." Kol whispered as he brought a crying Mary to his chest, gently stroking her hair as she cried, everyone watching the girl with grief.

"I'll give you guys a little break." The voice spoke as everyone nodded, Mary's friends coming to her to hug her, Francis and Lola wishing it was them comforting Mary but knew they lost the right.