The "death".

BACK WITH WONKA AND MAIYA:

The officer shut them down, Maiya was a bit upset because she used all of their extra sovereigns to get that shop. Wonka was even more upset. "It's okay, Wonka. We'll find another way to to sell your chocolate." Maiya tried to convince him, no luck. He was really upset about this, "you shouldn't of got this shop. Of course the cops were going to shut us down.." Maiya then realized, It wasn't the cops! It was Fickelgruber,Slugworth and Prodnose. Of course! It all makes sense now, but how was she going to tell him..? "It was them three." She points at the window opposite them, they look up opposite them and see Fickelgruber, Slugworth and Prodnose. "Of course.. why didn't I think of that?" Wonka mumbles.

When Wonka and Maiya step into their office, a cop, the chief, shoots Maiya. Wonka panicked and grabbed Maiya, "what did you just do!?" He yells. He tries to but pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding. He was so close to crying. Prodnose, Fickelgruber and Slugworth was grinning evily. "Why would you do this?! Are you this evil? To kill a 14 year old teenager?!" Wonka desperately tries to wake Maiya up.. no luck. When Wonka was distracted, Slugworth dragged Maiya to a secret area.. it wasn't a real gun. It was one that made people pass out with fake blood. Probably their own creation...

Why would they fake Maiya's death in front of Wonka who has been so attached to her these passed days..?