Chapter 3

This English class felt so long. And the whole time Brady was bothering me I was so done with him but thank goodness the bell rang.

When I heard the bell go off I collected my things and got out as quick as I could.

I had a break right now so I went to the cafe to get something to eat. I grabbed a bagel and coffee before finding a little table sort of away from everyone.

I like sitting alone because that's when I have time to read. I love reading it's so peaceful especially when you have a good book.

I was reading and having my bagel when not even five minutes into reading Xochitl popped out of nowhere and sat down taking a bite of my bagel.

"hi to you too," I say placing my book down and looking at her while she has a bagel stuffed in her face.

"h-i" she muffled with her mouth full.

"chew the food first missy." I tease letting out a slight giggle.

"OKOK, so a fella friend of mine asked me to go to his soccer game and I was wondering if you wanted to go." She tells me.

"Anddd who's this friend of yours?" I question.

"Oh, you know him very well actually." She says letting out a giggle.

"Oh did Connor as you?" I ask.

"No silly Brady did." She tells me.

"ohhh.... oh." I realize.

"Ya, I'm not going," I say.

"Oh cmon Connor is playing too you can support him." She says.

"fineee," I say.

"yayy I can't wait thank you so muchhh." She says.

"Ok well I got to get to class but I'll see you later." She tells me as she gets up and leaves.

I got back to my book, it was getting really good too.

That was until I got interrupted once again by my other best friend.

"heyy whatcha reading?" Connor says looking at the book.

I put the book down once again and look at him in the eyes.

"just a romcom book I started, it's really good," I tell him looking into his eyes.

They were very green and admiring- wait what am I thinking he's literally my best friend.

I snap out of my thoughts before I stare at him for any longer.

"Anyways what's up?" I ask since he came over to sit with me.

"so I have a soccer game tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to go." He tells me.

"I already am going," I stated.

"oh"

"Xochitl asked if I wanted to go because Brady asked her if she wanted to go so she asked me," I tell him.

"Oh that's great then, I'll see you there." He says before getting up and leaving.

Finally, I have peace and quiet so I can read my book. I thought to myself.

...

School was finally over, and I was heading over to Xochitl to get ready together.

I arrived at her house shortly after, I got out of my car and knocked on her door before an excited Xochitl opened the door.

"Hiiii," She says hugging me before moving aside to let me in.

I said hi back and then we went to her room since the game started in an hour.

We both sat on the floor looking in the mirror doing our makeup over while chatting or listening to music.

But most of the time we were silent because we were focused.

After I finished I went to grab a hair curler to curl my hair. I'm not sure why but I felt the need to curl it.

After I decided to wear a sweatshirt with Connor's soccer number and last name on it because we were going to his soccer game after all.

Xochitl wore a grey hoodie with leggings, and we did the final touches before leaving.

We were taking Xochitl's car, so she drove while I sat in the passenger controlling the aux.

For some reason I was excited to watch the game, I haven't been able to watch a sporting event in a while, I've only been able to play in them.

We finally pulled in as other cars were driving around looking for parking spots.

697 words