Chapter 8

Me and Walker stayed on the phone until I fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to see Walker still on the phone, he was asleep. All I could see was his curly hair on his pillow. His face was turned away from the phone.

I whispered his name so maybe he would wake up. After a couple of whispers, he slowly started turning.

Sooner than later he woke up, he looked at the phone and smiled as he saw me looking at him. I smiled back and said good morning. He said it back and his morning voice was so hot.

Walker has been growing on me, he has been super sweet to me, and he is really cute.

We talked on the phone for a little bit more before we both hung up to get ready for our day.

Today I just have a ton of homework to do because I have school again tomorrow. The weekends go by so fast I feel.

...

I have been doing my homework all day. And I'm finally almost done, I just have to study but that can wait because my test isn't till Friday.

I was lying on my bed scrolling on TikTok when I came across a video of Brady and Connor at school with other people in what they were most likely to be. I'm a bit bummed I didn't get any but it's ok.

Seeing Connor in the video really reminds me of how much I miss him. The last we talked was Friday, which was the longest time we had gone without talking to each other. I'm kind of bummed but I will try and talk to him in school because he keeps ignoring me over text.

A little later after dinner, I got a call from Walker. I smiled as I answered the call, and soon his face appeared on the screen. We talked for a while until my mom came up and said I had to go to bed.

"good night Izzy" Walker said as we both hung up.

I smiled as I went to bed happy.

The next day

My alarm woke me up, the time reading 6:30 am. I groaned as I slowly got out of bed and ready for the day. I looked at my phone to see Walker said good morning so I said it back and then headed for the bathroom.

I decided to shower since I had time, so after that, I did my makeup and put on the outfit I had picked out. And then headed downstairs to get some breakfast before leaving.

My mom drove me to school today (pretend everyone is 15 including the twins).

The school was packed like usual. I walked inside to my locker and grabbed the books I needed for the day.

I closed my locker and turned around and immediately bumped into someone.

"watch it" they rasped out. "sorry," I said as I turned around to see who it was.

"Connor," I said once I saw who it was I bumped into.

"Isabella," He said to me.

And right then and there it felt as if I just got punched in the chest. He never calls me by my full name.

He turned away as I was just standing there.

"Connor," I said but he didn't move. He started slowly walking away. "Connor wait" He still didn't listen. "CONNOR" I sorta shout now in which he turns around. works every time I thought to myself. A smirk appeared on my face.