EPISODE EIGHT 8:CAMPING

MICHAEL'S POV.

I'm the type to always get up as early as 4:30 a.m. because I find sleeping eight hours a waste of time. "Get up and get something done," is my motto.

Today, I intend on getting to school late since we're going camping, which I hate. By 7:00 in the morning, I was ready. I sat on my bed for a while and noticed my purple bracelet on the dresser. "It's been a long time since I've worn you," I muttered. I got this bracelet when I was five years old from a girl in America. I don't remember her name, but I remember her scar-it was on her neck. She would always cry when she looked at it. I exchanged bracelets with her so she could feel safe and remember me and my twin sister. I hate remembering my past, so I'll stop here.

I wore the bracelet and headed downstairs for breakfast. As I descended the stairs, I spotted my dad at the dining table reading a newspaper. "Man, this is not good," I thought to myself. My dad would definitely not let me off easy. I was going to get a quiz from my dad this morning.

"Good morning, papa," I said, settling in for breakfast.

"How are you?" he asked.

"I'm good, thanks," I replied.

He took a sip from his teacup. "How has school been?" he asked, getting started with the questions.

I spotted my mum coming downstairs with the twins in her hands-Marco and Marcus, just above one year old but not yet two. "Good morning, mama," I greeted.

"Good morning, honey," she answered back with a kiss on my cheek. Trust my mom to always do that.

Ten minutes later, my annoying older brother and my extra-annoying younger sister, Marion and Maria, came downstairs for breakfast. They're one of the reasons I go to school early-it really sucks having four siblings. They both settled down for breakfast.

To be honest, my sister likes me, but I don't find getting too attached to someone good-I always end up regretting it.

"Good morning, Michael. How is-" My sister began, but I cut her off.

"Don't you have to eat breakfast and be early to school? I don't think you value your time," I said, interrupting her.

I knew it hurt her, but at this point, I just wanted to have breakfast and get out of this house. I could feel my dad's gaze on me.

"Michael, when did you become this cold to everyone, no exception? Do you think that being a good basketball player is the only thing you will ever need? Family is what you need and should be the most important after God," he said, but I retorted back.

"You think I believe in something even you can't see? It's all bull crap, Dad," I said, raising my voice.

"If you don't believe in it, that doesn't mean you should look down on it. Why are you being so cold?" he asked.

"I'm not being cold, I just don't find many things these days interesting," I said, trying very hard to end this conversation.

"After the incident with your sister, you've been like this," he said.

"Dad, please don't bring that issue up, because Dad, I do not sleep around. I don't drink, I don't party, I try my best to have good results. What more do you want from me, huh? You know I hate it when someone brings that freaking issue up," I said, getting more agitated.

"It's okay if you don't want to hear it. It's fine. Finish up and get going, but I pray you do not regret this," he said.

I continued with my food in silence. Was I really going to regret not enjoying my teenage hood? I thought. "Have you gotten your camping equipment ready?" Mama asked.