𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 1 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐁𝐨𝐲

May 24, 2021

May 24, 2021

"Hurry up, Navya!" My mother has been shouting her lungs out for the last fifteen minutes. While, I was struggling with my hairs to make prefect braids.

I looked at the clock which shows that I only have five minutes left in my hand to get ready. So, I hurriedly braided my hair, and quickly ran downstairs.

"Yeh loh Aagyi aapki laadli" I heard my father mockingly telling my mother.

(Your favourite daughter has come)

To which my sister chuckle, but kept eating her breakfast silently. Taking my seat right next to her I started spreading butter on my bread in no time.

"What was taking you so long, Navya?! Hurry up! Your bus must be blasting the horn before you even get to take a bite-" her words got cut off as the horn of my school bus started it's own music.

"Don't you dare to-" my mother started but it didn't do anything to me. I was already running out with my school backpack and a half eaten bread on my right hand.

I stepped inside the bus and took a seat at the very last of the bus. Putting on my headphones as my usual playlist of my favourite songs started playing.

Looking outside the window I saw the usual chaos as the day has just begun. I felt a shoulder brushed around mine, I didn't have to look who it was. passing the other earbud to her and I heard her asking "Stucked inside your head, as always?" to which I just nodded at her, and started focusing on the lyrics.

Got so many things in my brain
I don't know what to do
I'm scared to fall in love with you

I'm sorry that i never said it
But i'm scared of a fight
Cause i'm not even sure how
To handle things that would turn out alright

Cause every night i'd feel you kiss
Yet id be better if you'd miss
I don't know what to do
I'm scared to fall in love with you

Just as the vehicle stopped, indicating that we have reached. I quickly put the earphones inside my bag and headed out with my friend Vanni.

I looked around the field of our school, everyone was rushing towards their classes. Being a 10th grade student i myself need to hurry for my class.

"Oyee, tune bola nahi! (Hey, you didn't said) why were you absent these last two weeks?" Vanni asked, as we walked passed the field.

"It's nothing, I just got a fever" i replied.

My eyes landed on a group of girls walking towards us, talking about someone as they passed through us.

"Is he present today?" One of the girl asked.

"I hope so, or else what's the point of coming to school"

"Hahh~, how wish I was a 10th grader. How lucky they are to share a class with him"