𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 24 - 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧

My sleep was disturbed in the middle of the night by the heavy rainfall

The cold wind entered my room through the window I had left open before sleeping. The rain was totally unexpected; an hour ago, it was all clear.

I threw off my blanket and stood up from my bed, taking the glass that was kept beside my bed on the nightstand in my hand. I walked towards the window.

Watching the thunderstorms in the dark, cloudy sky, I felt peace flowing in my blood. My love for this type of weather is never-ending.

I watched the leaves blowing in the air, and for a second, I wanted to be that particular leaf — I just love thunderstorms so much that I'll go and run outside, though I know it's dangerous to be out in this weather.

Taking sips from my glass, I heard my phone suddenly pinging with an incoming call. I quickly walked towards it, thinking it might be important because no one calls me this late.

As I looked at the name flashing on the screen, a sign of relief washed over me.

Vanya.

I remembered exchanging phone numbers with her today at the canteen, but I didn't know she would be calling this soon and also this late.

Receiving it with a ‘Hello’ would have been a good idea, but before I could say anything, her voice cut me off.

“Na..Nav..vya,” I heard her hiccupping; her voice sounded as if she's running in the middle of this weather.

Panicking, I said, “V-Vanya, are you okay? What's happening?”

“I-I need yo..your help,” she said, her voice breaking with each and every hiccup leaving her.

“Ask for it, what do you want?” I asked.

“A place to stay,” she replied.

“Where are you?” I asked quickly, so that I know how far she's from my house.

As she told me her exact location, I realized that she's not so far away from me, only 3-4 minutes away, so without waiting more, I quickly told her my address and asked her to come as soon as possible.

Although I know it's hard to be out, her voice is telling me that it's urgent, so I don't think telling her to wait for the storm to stop will be a good idea.

After we hung up, the first thing I did was take a pair of pajamas from my wardrobe — knowing she will be all soaked in water from the rainfall — then took the heater out and got some good and fresh towels for her.

After I was done, I went downstairs and started waiting for her in the living room. As it's really cold outside, I also got a warm coat to cover her.

As it's my first time experiencing such situations, I don't know if it's enough to get her warm or make her feel comfortable.