Prologue

The freezing cold... The cotton-like snow... The infinite isolation... What's better than that? There is this small and warm house I live in, completely by my own. I am waiting... Not waiting for the sun, waiting for a dream. A dream to tear me apart from reality, and get me lost in another world... Maybe I can have everything the way I wanted. Maybe I can fly, maybe I can try, again... Maybe I can sit in a room full of roses and candles, but maybe I would wake up and end it all... But the dream doesn't come, no matter how hard I try.

Now I am waiting, in my warm house. All I hear is the storm and the blizzard. I can imagine the cold, by just hearing it. The snow plays the familiar melody, the melody that used to make me cry because of the way it makes me feel. It feels like I have already seen the dream, and this melody was what I heard in the background. Someone has been there before, I can feel it. Something has been changing inside me, I know it.

I jump with the knock on my door. I first think that it is just the wind. Then I hear it again and get up, not feeling quite comfortable. Who can it be, in this time of my life? Is there anyone else that struggles to live in this isolated place? I know that I am naive, I am too young to start a whole new adventure. But the knocking continues. I grab the knob and open the door. The wind hits my face, hard.

I see a figure, trembling from the cold. I realize that it's a human. I'm not sure if it's a man or a woman, because the person is almost frozen. I have a hard time defining the person. But then, a pair of meaningful, green eyes greet me. Those mesmerizing eyes are like the only living part of this, ... man, I decide.

I realize that he's been looking at me, shocked, scared and delighted at the same time. He hardly opens his mouth. "Is this heaven?" he says, looking above. He has a deep, calm voice. He talks to me really softly. But there's something in his eyes. Tears, I guess...

I immediately move back, allowing him to come in. I shut the door, and it gets warm again. I don't know if it is because I was really confused, or I saved his life, that I start to cry. But I feel like there is something special, something familiar with in the way I cry. I let him into the warm place where my dreams belong, I let him into my heart.