Good Dragon, Bad Dragon.

Daphne swore that she would get her answers. How dare Potter say such intriguing words and then expect her not to wonder with the way he had rushed off? It couldn't be that hard, she would just have to track him down.

-

When Daphne had said this would be easy, she hadn't meant it as a challenge. Seriously, how was he escaping her each time?! She had been tailing him for two weeks and she had yet to corner him even once.

She huffed as she entered the library, wondering if she could perhaps have a better chance of finding anything out if she followed around Granger instead. Turning a corner, she was startled seeing all the three Gryffindors on one table. Since when do Potter and Weasley spend so much time in the library?

Carefully, she approached closer, their flabbergasted expressions piquing her curiosity.

"Are you sure Hagrid was in the Dragons' section, Ron? Why would he be looking for books on caring about dragons, of all things?"

"Hagrid's always wanted a dragon, he told me the first time I ever met him," Potter added. Dear Merlin, were all Gryffindors that embarrassingly open? Looking past that, Daphne was not liking the direction this conversation was heading in. Not one bit.

"But it's against the Wizarding Laws-" Someone with sense! "- Dragon-breeding was outlawed by the Warlocks' Convention of 1709, everyone knows that. It's hard to stop Muggles noticing if we're keeping dragons in the back garden - anyway, you can't take dragons, it's dangerous. You should see the burns Charlie's got."

"Okay, that's settled. What on earth is Hagrid doing? Should we go look?" Granger asked, as if they weren't going to potentially catch the school groundskeeper violating a law .

Oh, why was she even surprised? This was one of the closest friends of the younger brother of the Weasley Twins. She had heard enough horror stories to last her a lifetime. Shuddering, she shook off the thought and began following after them, keeping as close as she dared.

-

Circe, he actually had a dragon. HE HAD A DRAGON. IN HIS WOODEN CABIN.

Daphne felt like tearing her hair out in frustration. Speeding away, she panted as she finally reached the Slytherin Common Room. Composing herself, she uttered the password and entered, her eyes immediately falling on Malfoy a few feet away, gesturing wildly to his cronies. Frowning at the dreary feeling rising inside her, she inched closer to them.

"- kid you not, that filthy groundskeeper has a damn dragon in his shed thing-"

Stiffening, she moved away swiftly to avoid them catching her and exited the Common Room again, already having decided to warn Potter.

She turned a corner, scowling as she suddenly bumped into someone.

"OH, FOR-" Daphne exclaimed, noticing the increasingly familiar-looking shaggy black hair and thin frame. "Potter, we have got to stop meeting like this, it's not good for my health."

"Greengrass?! H-"

"I know about Hagrid's dragon-"

"HOW? Come on, you better not say anything to Snape, Hagrid doesn't know what's good and I swear, we're working on removing the dragon from him-"

Did he just interrupt me?

Interrupting, she told him, "I'm not the one you should be worried about, Potter. Malfoy saw the dragon somehow. He's currently trying to convince his friends about that. I have no doubt he'll try to reach out to Snape."