Chapter 3: The Scarlet Haired Saviour

October 17

Naruto had been on the run for a whole week. He avoided entering any form of civilization without some kind of disguise in fear that people would recognize him. Roughing it for a week seemed to do wonders for him. He had run out of food and water roughly a day ago had not slept in three days because he didn't want to get caught. So Naruto continued his journey for another day before exhaustion got the better of him.

 I really need food and ...Yawn... some sleep." Naruto said as he continued walking before spotting a strange fruit.

About ten miles away

"Naruto was here Kakashi." Pakkun said as Kakashi and his team of anbu arrived

"Thanks Pakkun can you find anything else?" Kakashi asked worried. Kakashi was never one of the people who hated Naruto at all he had simply forgotten that he was there most of the time. Kakashi dreamed of the day when Minato would let him train all his children. He already put in the request to have all on his team when they became Genin.

Minato had told Kakashi about how important it was for them to retrieve Naruto alive from his kidnapper. But the more they followed Naruto's trail the more Kakashi doubted that he was kidnapped. Pakkun was an excellent tracker but he could only find Naruto's scent which usually meant that he was alone the whole time. The rain storm two days ago had really thrown them off for a while but Kakashi felt like they were getting close.

"Judging from the scent I would say that he is roughly ten miles east of here."

"That puts him almost at the coast. If he goes out to sea we will never find him. Alright men you know what to do!" Kakashi said as they began to run east. 'Hold on Naruto we're coming.'

Back with Naruto

Naruto began to eat the fruit he found.It was black and yellow and looked like a pineapple with swirl designs all over it. It tasted horrible but unfortunately he wasn't in the position to deny any food. However a noise in the bushes caught his attention. Scared that it was an anbu Naruto pulled out a kunai ready to defend himself, after swallowing the fruit whole but he was totally unprepared for what came out.

A tiger came out of the brush. It was defiantly not a normal tiger because it was at least three times the size of a normal tiger it easily carried half a carcass of a normal sized tiger in its mouth as it looked around. The beast had tons of scars all over its body most noticeably the long scar running down its right eye as it set its sights on poor little Naruto. With a massive chomp the beast swallowed the carcass whole as it began to quickly move towards Naruto. Getting faster with each step Naruto closed his eyes and waited for the monster to attack.

Suddenly the sound of slashing swords filled the air followed by a low growl. Naruto opened his eye just enough to see the monster fall to the ground dead. Standing before him was a red haired muscular man wearing a  straw hat sweeping long, sleeveless, black high-collared cape, a simple white shirt half-buttoned up, exposing the middle of his chest and upper abs and wearing pants cut below the knee, collected halfway up the shin. Around his waist was a red sash that held the scabbard for the sabre the man had used to kill the tiger. But most noticeable were a triple set of parallel, linear scars that pass vertically, at an angle over his left eye.

"Hey you OK kid?" The man asked as he sheathed his sabre.

"Yeah I'm fine. Thank you." Naruto said as he got into a bowing position.

"I wonder Roo can cook this thing?" the swordsman said not really paying attention to Naruto.

"Um what's your name Mr.?" Naruto asked not really sure how to handle this situation