Chapter 6: The Sleeping Beast Awakens

"Wait a minute. When I was leaving my home island I ate a weird fruit that had that same swirl design" Remembered Naruto.

All the eyes of The Red Hair pirates turned to him. "Huh?!"

" Draw it on my sketch pad right now" demanded Roo.

Naruto did as told and what was drawn almost gave Shanks a Heart attack.

He had drawn a pineapple. It was black and yellow and it had swirl designs all over it.

Immediately Bonk busted out the crew's devil fruit encyclopedia. Meanwhile Shanks was on the ground foaming from the mouth. Within 3 minutes he had found the fruit drawn. " was it this one?" asked the bald man. "yeah" the blonde replied.

"Naruto you ate the uo uo no mi model Ryujin making you a dragon man. You may be able to even control some elements but which ones are unknown." explained Bonk in shock.

"Cool" Said luffy not fully understanding the sheer magnitude of eating such a devil fruit.

All the Remaining pirates facepalmed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Weeks later: Party's Bar

Luffy and Naruto were alone in the bar drinking some juice Makino served to them. The Red Hair pirates had left on a voyage 2 weeks ago. Without them, the bar seemed so lifeless.

"I really misjudged those guys! I thought they were brave and tough..." Luffy muttered sadly.

"Are you sure about that, Luffy? Maybe sometimes it takes more courage not to fight." Makino said happily while she polished a glass. Luffy, however, did not look convinced.

"Yeah, Shanks only fights when it's important like protecting  people But when it comes to matters such as a simple drink he prefers to avoid violence" Explained Naruto.

"I would have fought..." Luffy wasn't sure if he could win against guys like that, but ever since eating the devil fruit, he had been trying to control his rubber body to fight.

As for Naruto he thought about ways to figure out what his powers were, the bar door swung open. "Make way for the terror of the highlands!" The Mountain bandit from 2 weeks earlier walked in with his fellow bandits trailing behind him. They all took their seats around the bar. "No pirates in here today? It certainly smells better."

He sat down and leaned back into his chair. "Well, what are you waiting for? We aren't so cruel that we won't pay, so serve us some sake."

The boys watched as the bandits drank the bar dry, laughing and joking with each other as they did so.

"Those pirates were weaklings!"

"Yeah, they act all cool, but they are just a bunch of sea rats that scurry away at the first sign of trouble."

With each insult, They both felt himself getting progressively angrier. Naruto had always had a bit of a temper, but this was different, it felt like his stomach was on fire, and the fire was beginning to spread to the rest of his body. With each insult he heard directed at the red-haired pirates, he felt his body tighten as if there was something in him that was begging to come out.

"Yeah, that captain was especially pathetic." Higuma toned in. "Guys like him make me angry, a pathetic waste of space that should be out of his misery."

"Shut up!" Luffy roared as he glared at the bandit. "Shanks isn't pathetic!"

"You say something, you little punk?" Higuma asked as he turned to glare at Luffy. "You standing up for that chicken-shit of a captain?"