Oh Gods, He Has The Leopard Head

A/N:
Kind of a perspective change again, this time it's Sati Kirigaya. Just wanted to let you know. As you were.

One thing she had attempted to make a habit of everyday back home was practicing sword fighting. After consulting with some of the other people here, it felt like this whole world was a VRMMO-RPG. Only, it was real, even more real than SAO was. And like SAO, if Sati wanted to survive, she had to practice her sword fighting. Gotta love muscle atrophy though.

Sati arrived at the arena, only to see it completely destroyed. "What on earth happened here?!"

"You know how it goes. Tempest and Elric got into another fight." Kiara explained, this was only the third time those girls had started fighting.

"But... Argh! Where am I supposed to practice now?" Sati complained. This was the first time there had been so much destruction. "And why is everything mud now?"

"Sorry, my bad." Katie said sheepishly. She might have gotten a little carried away breaking up the fight. "At least the water. However you two..." Katie turned to the two other girls. "You have to fix the arena. And next time you fight, pick a different venue." The two girls looked sufficiently scolded. Katie turned to the others. "I don't think I caught your name." She said to the newcomer. She was thin but lean, with dark hair and eyes.

"My name's Sati. Sati Kirigaya. Thanks for breaking up the Ariana fight."

"Are they both named Ariana?!" Katie asked in shock.

"Yeah," Isabel said, "Ari Elric and Ariana Tempest," pointing to both girls respectively. "And that's--" she turned to where she remembered Darravalgareovean being only to see that he wasn't there. "Oh for the love of Apollo, where'd he go?" Her question, surprisingly, was answered when Chiron walked out of the big house in full centaur form looking extremely annoyed. "Would anyone care to explain why there is a very angry man with an unreasonably long name is currently hanging from Seymour?" he asked.

"I'm sorry, he's what?" Katie asked.

"The man in question is angry about Seymour's... situation. He wishes to speak to the person who created him." Chiron explained.

"So he wants to speak to Mr D?"

"Who's Mr D?" Sati asked. She had arrived comparatively recently and really didn't know too many people yet.

Darravalgareovean then walked out of the big house carrying Seymour. He looked mad, though he clearly wasn't unreasonable. He actually seemed to be talking with the leopard, or at least Elessar could understand him.

"Oh gods," Isabel sighed seeing the elf, and turned to Sati. "Mr. D is Dionysus, the wine god. He's... well he's supposed to be our camp director but we haven't heard from him --or any of the gods for that matter-- since the war against Gaea," Isabel explained to Sati. "The guy over there holding the leopard head is... Darra-val-gare-ovean. Sorry Chiron, we'll handle it!"

"Who would do such a thing to this majestic animal?" Darravalgareovean sounded upset, and also didn't bat an eye at the Centaur. In fact he seemed to understand almost immediately that Chiron was the one in charge, as he directed his question at him.

"Actually, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what Mr. D said when he brought Seymour to camp." Isabel mentioned. "Seymour was killed by poachers and Mr. D reanimated him... well what was left of him, and now he lives at camp." She left out the part about leopards being one of Dionysus's sacred animals; that would likely only cause more confusion.

———

"Why is that guy holding a reanimated leopard head?" Ari asked casually. She hadn't really been paying attention to what was going on as she didn't want to be scolded by the scary girl, but the random leopard head was distracting.

"Apparently the camp director 'rescued' it. I'm not sure I understand the reasoning either" Why kind of person was this 'Mr D' that he chose to reanimate a dead animal?

"That's kinda weird." Not that she was always one to talk.

"Are you done cleaning yet?" Katie asked severely. She was a little worried that the girl would get smitted for that comment.

"Just finished." At least, they had been for the past minute. Ariana turned to Ari. "You know, that magic thing of yours can come in real handy."

"It's not magic and..."

"Alright! We get it! Stop arguing!" Kiara snapped. Those two were really going to have to learn to get along.

"Wow, that was fast." Katie remarked before turning to the elf. "Mr Elessar, could you please put Seymour back in the Big House and we can talk about what's going on like normal..." Would people be the wrong word?  "... individuals."

"Yeah, and there are some snausages in the jar if you want to give him a snack," Isabel commented.

Darravalgareovean nodded. It seemed to be a nod of agreement with what the "Mr. D" has done. He mostly ignores the comment from Katie, though he pats Seymour and mumbles something about getting a snack for the majestic cat's head.

Katie got the distinct feeling she was being ignored as Darravalgareovean went past her into the Big House.