Prophecy Loophole!!! YES!!!

Darravalgareovean had been wandering along the inside of the barrier enjoying nature, even though the woods were just out of his reach for now, when he suddenly heard a yell. He quickened his pace towards the sound, but by the time he got there he found Ariana and a girl he didn't recognize breathing heavily, covered in scratches. They had apparently just been fighting outside the barrier, likely the creepy, not quite alive, birds that were slowly flying away as their prey had escaped. He said nothing towards the girls but he gave them a concerned look, and a question in his eyes if they'd let him help.

———

Opal realized she hadn't answered the other girl's question. "Sorry, I'm not usually this scatterbrained. I haven't even introduced myself. I'm Opal, as for how I knew that Sapphire would be coming, well, does prophecy exist here?"

Isabel froze for a moment before responding. "Yes, but it's not working right now. Not since last summer during the War Against Gaia..." She still had her suspicions about Opal, but could it be possible for otherworlders to retain prophetic abilities in a world where it was... well, broken?

"Yeah, well, I get visions from time to time. Um, I'm Fae, a Royal, and..." Opal trailed off as a new vision appeared. "I think Ari is bringing Sapphire with her to the infirmary to get her wounds treated. Or at least, she will sometime in the next... hour? Maybe? I don't know, the timing is fuzzy"

"Wait, so... you have visions of the future... like an oracle..." Isabel suddenly clapped her hands together, cheering. "OH, HADES YEAH!!!" she yelled. "PROPHECY LOOPHOLE!!! We've gotta tell Chiron--" she stopped when she remembered what else Opal had said. "Wait a minute, who's injured? Are they okay?" Isabel asked, worried about the new otherworlder... the other new otherworlder that had apparently appeared.

Prophecy loophole? "Yeah, she's pretty okay. Just a few scratches. Ari's probably already healed at this point with the way she is." Opal had always had a bad habit of assuming that others already knew what she did. Not the obvious future things, but the little bits of past she saw jumbled in.

"I'm sorry. What's going on?" Sati asked. She'd gotten as far as Opal's name and the fact that she could see the future.

Isabel realized that she hadn't explained the prophecy/quest Catch-22 situation to the otherworlders; it just hadn't come up with everything else going on. "Oh, well, basically, in order to get you and the other otherworlders home, we need to go on a quest, but we can't go on a quest without a prophecy, and we haven't been able to get a prophecy because it stopped working for some reason, when we had to fight the giants, and Gaia, and the Roman demigods-- that last one was mostly just a misunderstanding, and the guy in charge of the legion when that happened was honestly, kind of an idiot (and technically my cousin... brother? Nephew?) it's weird-- anyway, we can't go on a quest until we get a prophecy, we can't get a prophecy until there's a quest to fix prophecy, but we can't send a quest to fix prophecy until we fix prophecy, but Opal can still see the future, so the problems here don't seem to be affecting her, so we have a prophecy loophole, and can go on a quest to get you guys home."

Isabel took a breath and mentally ran through what she had just said. She realized that she had gone on a bit of a tangent with a lot of backtracking and probably more repetition than necessary. "Sorry, did that make any sense?" she asked Sati. She completely understood that it could be difficult to follow an ADHDer's non-linear thinking, sometimes even she got confused at how she ended up talking about something completely different than when she started. Isabel didn't think she had gotten off-topic... wait, no. There was the complicated family thing... that might have been a little confusing.

"I guess that makes sense. So now that Opal's here, we might be able to get home?" Sati asked. She had followed that part of the conversation a lot better for some reason. She'd always been good at taking in a lot of details at once. Her brother thought it was a great quality in an ally.

"I wouldn't say I'm unaffected." Opal clarified. "Back where I'm from, my visions are a lot clearer and I can see a lot more. On the Fae plane, it's even better but even the human plane was better than this. For example, I can say with certainty that I think an other-worlder will be in some Broadway show in the next week-ish, but I couldn't tell you what day. Hopefully as the event gets closer, it will get clearer."

"Sorry, what? Wait a... an otherworlder in a... huh?" Isabel stuttered. She hadn't expected that information. Then again, she didn't expect the otherworlders in the first place. "Well, let's hope that Chiron believes us when we say we have to go to Broadway to find an otherworlder," Isabel joked, recovering from her shock. "We should probably go check on Ari and the other new otherworlder," she said, mentally cringing at how weird that sounded. This is going to get confusing.