Flowey's TuTorial

"That's a story for another day, my child."

I could see the sulking look on her face, and instantly, I knew that some tragedy had most likely occurred. Maybe... Toriel was the one who buried that child. I looked away, ashamed I asked something so carelessly. Flowey stood...? No. More like... was just there, looking around awkwardly.

"All that matters is that you're okay now, child."

"Yeah I guess," I sighed.

Toriel stood up, gesturing me to follow her. I obeyed, also convincing Flowey to follow me.

"Why would I want to follow YOU around?"

"Well, do you have anything else better to do?"

Flowey grunted. "Fine."

We all started walking to the next room.

"I pass through this place every day to see if anyone has fallen."

I looked at her skepticly. "Every day?"

"Yes, every day. You are the first human to come here in a long time."

"Mmm... that adds up."

"Huh? What did you say?"

"Oh, nothing."

I decided it was best to keep my findings to myself, or at least converse with Flowey.

We came across a room with some oddly placed stone pressure plates.

"The Ruins are full of puzzles," Toriel began to say, stepping on them in a specific pattern, "Ancient fusions between diversions and door keys."

Oddly enough she didn't step on the ones in the middle.

"So basically I'll hafta go around and do a lot of puzzles to progress?"

Her eyes lit up. "Yes, my child. Exactly. But no worries, I'll help guide you."

"Well, that's great," I said. Flowey laughed.

Toriel went ahead to the door and asked me to flip the lever.

"A-are you sure? Misses Toriel."

"Yes, my child."

I was a total klutz when it came to levers, specifically machinery of sorts. One time my dad tried to teach me to drive the tractor. It... didn't go so well. No matter what machine I tried to use, no matter what device or technology I touched, it'd never go well. Not even the knob in the shower was safe.

"W-well," I said, hesitantly, "If you're sure about it, then okay."

I pulled the lever down, and the weird purple double door opened. Surprisingly, I didn't break the lever.

"You pulled the lever. Great job." Flowey said sarcastically.

"Yeah well up on the surface we don't have random puzzles you hafta solve every time you wanna go somewhere." I defended myself.

"What a joy that would be."

"What do you mean? Have you never... Oh. Oh yeah."

"Yeah, you were missing a pretty big key detail there."

I remembered the legend of how the monsters were sealed underground, and that only with seven human souls would they be able to break the barrier. I thought it was only a legend, a folktale, but seeing monsters down here now, of course, that part would be true too.