Saved By The Perpetrator

With one gigantic leap I my body soared over the huge gap at a pretty fast rate. I felt my body drift through the air, the gust of wind pelting against my face, threatening to slow me down... but the speed that I jumped at was far too much for it to make much of a difference. The following moments felt like it slowed down, like some scene in an action movie where the guy dodges the bullets in slow motion. I looked down, seeing the huge gap beneath me, and looked forward, seeing as I still had a good ways to go. Suddenly, time bolted forward again, and I slammed into the front of the broken bridge.

"AHHH CRAP!" I yelled, my body slowly sliding down into the abyss. I frantically wailed my arms around, trying to grab onto anything to save me. There was nothing but smooth ground.

"No no no no no no no!"

The rest of my body slid off the bridge, only my hands hanging on the ledge. Shaking with fear, I looked down again, only to see a black, empty void beneath me, with no floor. Surely, there was one, but if I went down to meet it, I doubt I'd survive like the last two falls.

"F-F-Flowey! Help me!!!" I yelled, sweat dripping down my face.

No one answered.

"FLOWEY! COME ON MAN! I NEED YOU!"

No answer again, and I started to become really desperate. My hands started to get wet with sweat, and I could feel my grip slowly loosening. I tried lifting myself up, but to no avail.

"Nuh-uh!" I gritted my teeth, focusing all my will power into hanging on for my life.

"FLOWEY! PLEASE!" I cried. I didn't want it to end like this. My dad always told me my impatience would be the death of me, and I hated to say it, but he was right this time. If only I did the puzzle and went around. Why on God's green earth did I think this was a good idea?

"Urrrrrr," I groaned, feeling my grip loosening again.

"Clover!" I heard a familiar voice yell.

"FLOWEY! Oh my god PLEASE HELP ME!!!" Finally! Flowey had arrived.

Flowey's petaled face peeked out from above me.

"Clover what the hell are you doing?"

I clenched my teeth in anger. "I'm boutta die Flowey! Help me!"

Flowey sighed, controlling his vines to grab on my hands and arms.

"You know this would be easier if you just fell, you know. You'd just be transported back to your last save."

"WHAT!" I yelled, flabbergasted. "Are you saying that I just 'Give Up'? Just die!? HELL NO!"

Flowey's face went bored. "Clover, remember? If you die, you'll just come back anyways."

"But the last time I saved was before the corn field, if I die, it'll reset...! Ahhhh!" I yelled, the palms of my hands sliding off the ledge.

Flowey grunted, trying his best to lift me up. "Well do you want to save now?"

My eyes lit up. "YES YES YES! SAVE! SAVE NOW!"

"Okay fine, your file is saved. There."

A moment of silence passed.

"OK NEVERMIND I DONT WANNA DIE YET!!!"

"Clover!"

"HELP ME! SOMEONE HELP!"

"CLOVER!" Flowey yelled at me. "JUST DO IT! GET IT OVER WITH!"

"NOOOOO!" I screamed in defiance.

Flowey squeezed his eyes shut, using all his power to lift me up. Flowey slowly raised me up, but not before he suddenly let go. The sudden force of gravity pounded on me, loosening my grip even further. I felt my hat fall off my head, but I quickly grabbed it, leaving only one hand hanging on.