Chapter 2: Alexandria

The group continues down the road for a few hours and they see walls made out of mostly metal sheets. They pull off the road and take out binoculars to see the walls. On top of the walls, there are about five people on guard, one being a boy who looks a few years younger than Lex with a bandage over his one eye. They see a sign that says 'Welcome to Alexandria.'

"You think it's safe?" Jack asks the group seeing the people.

"I don't know," Dean says. He looks at Bobby who shrugs. "Let's see." The group got in their cars and pulled onto the road. Lex rolls the window down slightly to see if she can hear anything.

She sees the boy with the bandage see the cars. "Dad! There's cars!" She sees an older male in a blue button-down appear. He waves an arm.

Dean stops the Impala and gets out with his arms raised, showing he means no harm. "Hello. My family and I were in the area and we saw this place. Where are we?"

"Why don't y'all pull in and we can talk more?" She hears he has a southern drawl in his voice. Dean nods and turns to Bobby giving him a thumbs up. Dean jumps back in the Impala as the gate opens. They pull the cars in and the gate is closed behind them. They see the boy and man from earlier in front of them. The man holds out a hand, "My name is Rick Grimes. Welcome to Alexandria." Lex sees an African American woman walk over and stands next to Rick.

Dean takes the man's hand. "Dean Winchester." He lets go of Rick's hand. He gestures to the others, "This is Sam and Lex, my brother and sister. Our surrogate father, Bobby Singer and friends, Castiel and Jack Kline." He introduces them the way they decided was easiest since people just assume that Castiel's last name is Kline when they introduce him first.

Rick smiles, "This is my son, Carl and partner, Michonne."

A woman with gray hair walks up to the group. She has a plate of cookies in her hand. "I'm Carol. Would you like a cookie? I just made 'em." She has a sweet smile but Lex doesn't trust it.

Dean, forever thinking with his stomach, smiles, "Hell yeah! Thank you!" She offers it to the others only for them to turn it down vocally besides Lex who just shakes her head and leans into Jack's chest. After finishing his cookie Dean looks to Rick. "How'd you manage this? The walls look strong."

He laughs, "Right place, right time." He gets serious, "Before you all get too comfortable would you mind answering a few questions. Just three. They will decide if you're allowed to stay here." The group of hunters and angels nod. "How many walkers have you killed?"

The group of hunters chuckle. Dean was the one to answer, "More than you could count. Tens of thousands probably."

This seemed to shock Rick slightly. "How many people have you killed?"

Sam sighs before looking at him, "Sadly more than we'd like to admit. All of them were going to hurt people we love."

"Why?" Was that the last question Rick asked.

"They were demons and monsters. People like to believe everyone is an angel but truth be told there are a lot more monsters than angels." Lex looks down after answering. Remembering the look on Kevin's face as they had been overrun. He pushed her up a ladder and got torn apart before he made it up. He had been one of the only people besides her brothers she let get close that fast. Jack pulls her into his side as Rick looks to the others who nod and four of the adults understand where the youngest was coming from. Dean, Sam and her had seen the worst in people since they could walk. When she said demon she wasn't just talking about the supernatural they had been fighting before the apocalypse.

"Welcome to Alexandria." A smile forms on Rick's face. "We have open houses down the road." A Hispanic woman walks over. "This is Rosita. You can follow her to your house. Take them to one of the double driveway houses please, Rosita, Feel free to pull your cars up the driveway." Dean gets into the Impala and Sam allows Rosita in the front. He squeezes into the back with Lex. Rosita gives Dean directions and Bobby follows behind him. They pull up to a blue house that has a double wide driveway. They park the cars and Dean puts his keys in his zipper pocket of his jacket to not lose them. Rosita walks them in and leaves them to settle.