14 - Lights, Camera, Action

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐍

Pacing back and forth in front of the ballroom door, while hearing the faint roar of laughter, clinking of wine glasses, and flashes of the camera.

Two men open the door and I stop in my tracks seeing Vivian and Benjamin having an interview, while he forcefully grabs her hand.

"You know I thought you were gonna chicken out"Jean pauses. "Because you're nervous about being here."

Jean rocks on the heels of his dress shoes, and fixes his cuff links. With his dim shadow on the ballroom floor from the chandelier.

"Hmmm, you're not wrong but I guess I should let loose tonight, but you enjoy your night," I say, leaning against the doorway.

Jean slips away from the doorframe and heads over to a nearby table with Daniel and Ashton. Then, I draw myself away from the scene and take a seat next to Ashton.

"Just the person I want to see here tonight, besides you Daniel" Ashton says, his hair slick back with gel and wearing his classic tuxedo for many occasions.

The deep red curtains are close in, servers coming around the table like clockwork, and camera crews hiding behind the heavy curtains taking pictures and watching closely.

"I appreciate it," I say, as I take another flute of champagne from the full tray and watch as Ashton heads over to a nearby bar.

A wide banner hanging in the middle of the room saying "Welcome to the 50th annual Wellington Ball!"

Looking out the corner of my eye seeing Vivian running out of the room and Benjamin twists his face in annoyance and rolls his eyes, while making his way through the crowd.

As I make my way through the crowd, while applause erupts across the room as Mr. Wellington makes his way to the stage, his voice echoing through the room with clear tone and dignity.

"Vivian?" I call, standing a few feet away from her on the open balcony with the moonlight casting shadows on her crimson-red dress.

I watch as her eyes looking up at the starry sky and then turns to face me.

"I couldn't stand being near Benjamin let alone being his so-called date, tonight," Vivian says, taking out a claw from her hair and watching as her beautiful brunette hair falls perfectly.

"I could see how he was forcefully pulling your body next to his and holding your hand so tightly, while you putting on that brave smile so no one would notice," I said, "but I would handle him for what he did but since we aren't together anymore I'll control myself."

"So, you were watching us I'd say Chase that sounds like some stalker-like behavior then," she says, playfully crossing her arms over her chest watching and waiting for my response.

"I'm not a stalker Vivian I was just observing that's all," I say, closing the gap between us but not too close to her.

"Ahem," Benjamin said, tapping his dress shoes on the marble floors and making a ticking noise from his mouth.

Stepping away from Vivian so that he isn't able to draw any conclusions here, but feels a soft warm hand intertwine fingers with mine.

"You know Vivian you shouldn't disappear like that I was looking all over for you" Benjamin replies, strolling forward to the both of us in a hasty manner and eyes lock on Vivian alone.

"Well, now you see me Benjamin what is it now?"Vivian interrupts, her eyes narrowing at him and her face twists in pure disgust at his presence here.

"Oh, well it's time for the last dance and I think it's best that you join me for tonight," Benjamin says, grabbing her harshly by the arm and releasing her soft fingers from mine.

"No!" Vivian yells, loudly her voice echoes through the empty hallway, and a faint silhouette draws in from the full moon.

Benjamin's footsteps cease after hearing her words, turns around and tilts his head smiling at her menacingly.

"What? no no, you Vivian are testing my fucking patience right now" Benjamin replies.

Watching him close the gap between himself and Vivian, as I come behind her interlacing my fingers with hers giving a gentle squeeze.

My eyes watching him waiting for any bullshit he's gonna say about her and I won't allow it.

"Leave," I said.

"What?" Benjamin says, looking up at me with a stone-cold face slowly faltering.

"I said fucking leave Benjamin, I'm sure you can find someone to have your last dance with you," I say, watching him mutter under his breath and disappear through the hallway.

Breathing out a sigh of relief running my fingers through my hair, then offer my arm for Vivian and make our way back to the ballroom.

"Wait...do you mind having tonight's dance with me?" I pause, in front of the door looking at Vivian for her consent.

"Well, I don't mind having this dance with you, Prince Charming."

I smile at the mention of that nickname she gave me a long time ago, and now it wouldn't be so bad to get back at her for it.

"Well since you don't mind, we shouldn't keep people waiting, My love," I respond, slowly dancing under the chandeliers and looking at Vivian now and then.

For this moment in time, we were just Chase and Vivian enjoying another tradition just like everyone else. But, memories of each other slowly creep back into our minds before we were young and naive maybe with this chance we can begin again, rewrite our love story the way it's supposed to be.

The musicians stop playing their instruments and everyone is drawn out of the rhythm also trance.

Suddenly, a camera flashes, and place my hand out to block it seeing the photographer slip through the crowd.

"What the hell?" I mutter under my breath, casting my eyes all over the room.

                                 Author's note

Hi! I'm so glad I was able to come up with an ending, I love it a lot and I hope you guys enjoy it as well!

Now, does anyone guess who could be the mysterious photographer?

The next update for Golden Spoon will be this Monday at 11:30pm and changes will be announced on my message board!