Chapter 11

Jennie had been right to rely on Willhan.

"I want to leave everyone speechless" Jennie had said on the first night of rehearsal and Willhan, from the very first moment, had shown himself to be professional and very competent both in guiding Jennie's intentions and in suggesting one movement rather than another to include in the choreography.

She had also discovered that Willhan was quite good at dancing. Not that she didn't know it, she could tell by the fact that he was a head dancer at YGX, but by spending time with him, she had tangible proof of it before her eyes when he showed her how to best render the choreography.

"Try doing that movement like this" he would tell her from time to time, showing her how to improve or correct the posture, refining the ideas Jennie came up with.

"Elegance, fluidity and attitude are the dancing basic rules but I think you know it well" Willhan gave a smile as he corrected the arm position in the movement to close the song.

"Especially attitude" Jennie replied to him, smiling back.

Those were the golden rules that Mrs. Potato never tired of repeating over the years of training and, hearing them again, in the rehearsal room where she had lived practically her entire youth, was like going back in time.

"Let's stop here for today, as a first day it wasn't bad at all" Willhan finally said as he looked at his watch and noted that it was now well into the evening.

Jennie had not realized that so much time had passed, focused as she was on learning the movements to perfection, and she suddenly felt guilty for holding him back for so long.

"Oh sorry I made you late..." she apologized embarrassedly.

Willhan laughed. "No problem I'm used to rehearsing with Lisa and ... well, you know her: you know what time you start but you never know what time you'll finish with her."

Jennie could not hold back a small smile at the idea of Lisa tirelessly rehearsing choreography as if she were still a little girl waiting to make her debut. "Yeah..."

"You don't know how many times she has forced me or Sienna to stay here with her all night..."

Willhan's words stirred something.

"A-all night?" asked Jennie.

"Yes" Willhan laughed again as he picked up the towel. "She's a really tireless girl and also quite physically demanding." He continued. "She wouldn't let us go until she was fully satisfied in all respects...she wasn't happy until she left us out of strength and breath! She enjoyed to completely consume us" he gave another giggle.

Jennie felt a twinge but it was not clear what it was.

Willhan was talking about rehearsals and choreography, right? Then why, on hearing his story, Jennie was imagining a dominant Lisa dressed in skimpy leather outfits entering the rehearsal room to bring her to the end of her strength and reason?

Jennie felt herself flaming with her own thoughts.

What's wrong with me!?, she shook her head vigorously.

"Y-you've known each other for a long time?" she decided to ask, changing the subject and praying that that image would leave her mind.

"We've known each other for 3 years, we started collaborating on her videos when your group disbanded and we've been together most of the time since then" he replied to her in an affectionate tone, it was obvious the bond between them even just hearing him talk about Lisa.

Together most of the time.

Jennie felt a small emptiness grow in her chest: she was right for Jisoo to say that they had been friends for a long time and she should not hold it against them but that did not stop her from feeling mixed emotions. Part of her wanted to ask him more questions about Lisa and their relationship but she bit her tongue: it was none of her business and, more importantly, she didn't care, right?