°Secret Show?°

Lyney slowly nodded at their story.

"So, Hawks has offered to... Take care of us. Offering shelter, a job, and a future in hero business...."

That was, way too shady. Offering the same things as the house of hearth, with little to no danger? None of them believed it. Especially Freminet, Hawks didn't seem like the previous director...
But he couldn't bring himself to trust him after that deal.

Lynette decided to speak after seeing the frown on Lyneys face.

"With his deal, you don't need those villains anymore. We can just focused on showbiz, and finding a way home."

Lyney sighed and rubbed his face, the action enough to make Freminet tense up.

"Lynette, it was more than cash. I was hoping a quirk would take us back since none of us brought that hat to this world."

That was a personal jab to Freminets heart. He was the last one to follow, and he didn't even think of that. How stupid...

Lyney exhaled and turned his head away from them.

"So far, I haven't found anything. But I can't give up on that yet. I don't even know, what exactly brought us here to begin with."

Freminet gave a slow nod, looking down at his lap where Pers was. Whether it was safe or not, they could agree on leaving the hotel.

Lyney sighed, stretching and massaging his stiff shoulders. While pondering on wether or not he should tell them this, but he decided to do it.

"... I got a deal with an underground villain. It'll be similar to what we've done, entertaining and guarding a young girl."

Freminet perked up at the mention of a child in villain custody.

"She's, with a villain?"

Lynette frowned, the tip of her tail moved in circles behind her.

"Yes, but that's not any of our business. He's offering a lot."

He looked at them, violet eyes narrowing to show the importance of his next words.

"Just three payed jobs, and we'll have enough to live on our own. We won't need Hawks, or anyone else."

Even with his words, he didn't seem to convince them.

"Lyney, I think we should take Hawks offer."

He wasn't expecting to hear that from Lynette. Even Freminet glanced at her in shock.

"What?"

She looked down, twirling the red feather Hawks had given them.

"I think you've done enough. Actually doing this job, would be our last chance of joining the heroes. What if, they have answers? Or if they're safer?"

"Lynette, we have to get home."

"I know, but... What if we're wrong?"

Lyney frowned.

"Wrong about what?"

"About our way home, what if..."

There's none...

That's what she didn't say, but what both of then understood. Lyney frowned, he swallowed and lowered his gaze.

"... We, can't give up yet."

Freminet placed his helmet on, closing his eyes as he tuned their voces out. It's all my fault, if I didn't jump and got 'father', or just brought the hat back...

"Lynette..."

His exasperated tone made her ears lower. Lyney felt his heart be crushed at seeing that reaction, one he hadn't seen in so long.