°Commercial Break!°

Getting used to Hawks was easy. The hero was always working, he stayed back home for a week to show them around. Like the bathroom, the laundry machine that Lynette will NOT, be using. And encouraged them to use anything around the house.

But the very first Monday he left for work, hell broke loose. When he came back, he found Lynette sitting on the couch with the baby chick shivering under her intense gaze, Freminet was busy putting the washing machine back in place, and Lyney was smiling at him while desperately moving black smoke out the window with a cloth.

In a single day, Lynette had broken the washing machine, making Freminet fix it. But he also got curious and ended up dismantling it completely. Lyney almost burned down the kitchen when trying to use the microwave, after placing leftover pizza, with the box inside it, for an hour.

After that ordeal, Hawks got a better sense of their personalities. Especially with how eager Lyney was to take all the blame. Seeing the usually composed kid, look at him with uncertainty made him pause.

"... I'm not looking for who to punish."

Lyney was still tense even with his words, Lynette and Freminet kept observing him, their eyes moving from his wings, to his hands.

Whatever they went through, now was not the time for it to be discussed. He needs to calm them down first.

"It seems you're all, new to certain things."

He pointed at the TV, something none of them dared touch. Mainly because it seemed fragile, and from all the ads they saw about it, the TV was significantly expensive as well.

"How about this, I'll teach you how to use certain equipment around the house, so this won't happen again. Okay?"

Freminet looked at him, his gaze softened as he breathed out a sigh of relief. He really wasn't like the other director. He was similar to 'father' in that aspect. 'Father' would make us talk to each other, and leave once the issue was resolved. Would Hawks be like that?

Hawks took the TV remote, and taught them the essentials. Fremient had already played around with a TV while they Investigated Hawks, so he wasn't interested like his siblings were.

Lyney and Lynette were immediately glued to the screen. Their mouth open at all the colors, sounds and movements coming from it. Yes, they saw it before, but never actually experienced watching a show.

Lynette was having the most fun, her hand would move to try and catch the sudden movements that appeared. Making Lyney chuckle and join her in the cat playing.

Hawks used this opportunity to try and fix the washing machine. He could tell Freminet was silently following him. When Hawks sat down, Freminet followed. Sitting crossed-legged beside Hawks, observing what pieces he picked up and analyzed.

"Are you interested in machines?"

Freminet glanced at his side profile, seeing him completely focused on the pieces in his hand. He turned back to stare at the ones Hawks hadn't grabbed yet.

"Hmm, I like them... They're my friends."

Friends, eh? Hawks nodded, while moving closer to the washer. His hands moving as he spoke.

"I get it, you know. I had a small plushy of Endeavor when I was younger."

He smiled at remembering it. His mom had given it to him on his birthday, having to work extra hard just to buy it. He had it, when he joined the hero commission... And he lost it in that place as well.

Freminet noticed how sad his eyes looked. Hawks kept talking as the washer was slowly built back up.

"I'd talk to that thing all day, and considered it my one and only friend."