7: Shopping Spree

A/N: Juicy chapter for you guys! Teehee! I feel like I've been starving you guys of some actual x reader action, so have a little moment here... Also a lot of people headcanon Veneer to have a toothgap, and I'm such a sucker for that so I'm implementing it into the story.

Veneer holds Y/N close, burying his face in their neck as the lovers embraced. After a moment he pulled away slightly, still holding them close but just far enough to examine their face and place a soft hand on their cheek. A faint smile played at his lips as he gazed into their eyes lovingly. 
"Oh, Y/N," he sighed, stroking their face soothingly. He looks down at them, his eyes full of affection and admiration, his demeanor gentle and relaxed. "I love you." He whispers sweetly, leaning back in to plant a tender kiss on their lips. Y/N could feel the warmth of his body radiating off of him as he held them close, not a care in the world... How they wished they could stay like this forever.

"Y/N? Y/N, wake up!"

"Ven... Veneer?" Y/N mumbled, half asleep and very disoriented.

"No? It's Velvet. Get up, now! We're going shopping." Velvet shakes them into consciousness.

Y/N rubs their eyes drowsily, slowly waking up. "Alright, alright."

"Wake up. Before we go shopping I want to talk with you. Seriously. About yesterday."

This wakes Y/N up as the memories of yesterday come to mind. Oh no, did Veneer tell? Is he upset? Is Velvet mad at them for making her little brother uncomfortable? Oh god, they might be in trouble.

"Oh, uh sure. I'm listening." Y/N said, sitting up in their bed. All they had to do is play it cool.

"So," Velvet stated, "about yesterday."

Y/N felt the tension rise as Velvet stared at them.

"There's some things I'd like to talk about. Veneer brought it to my attention this morning."

Oh crap. Y/N knows they're screwed.

"Do you think that the outfits in the first section of our music video look tacky? Veneer and I were watching it over and he said they looked cheap and I honestly can't tell. They aren't cheap, FYI, but it's not like the audience can tell. If something looks cheap, then they'll think it's cheap." Velvet goes on, and continues to go on about it. Y/N lets out a sigh of relief as they realised they were just being paranoid. "... They really are designer, but I just can't unsee it. So I need an outsider's perspective." Velvet finished, and looked at Y/N expectantly.

"Oh, uh, no they look fine. Great, even. Don't worry about it, I think it looks fantastic." Y/N assured Velvet.

"Oh, good. Perfect, then. Now; get dressed, and meet me downstairs. We're going to the hottest mall in Mount Rageous to get you a new wardrobe!"

"Alright, I'll be down in 5. Thanks again, Velvet."

Velvet nodded, and closed the door.

Y/N sighed in relief.

"Well that was close," Y/N mumbled to themselves.

"Close?" Velvet asked from the other side of the door, "What's close?"

Y/N paused. Oh no.

"Uh, nothing. Don't worry about it, you didn't hear anything." Y/N laughed nervously, panicking internally.

Velvet paused for a moment.

"Oh. Well, anyways, don't forget. Downstairs, in 5."

Y/N let out a long sigh once she heard Velvet leave. "That was too close."

Once they had calmed down a bit, they got up and changed. They put on their outfit they were borrowing from the day before, and headed downstairs.

When they got downstairs, Velvet was waiting impatiently.