9: Prism Prison

^ A/N: PLEASE WATCH THISSSSS ITS SO CUTE. OMNG 

I just wanna say thanks for 2k views and sorry for the lack of uploads x-x working thru a rough patch mentally/emotionally and struggling with what to make this chapter as it's supposed to be plot heavy and im AWFUL with plot q.q sorry for starving youuu </3

- suzi

The next morning, Veneer and Y/N woke up early and had a quick breakfast together.

"Hey, wanna watch some TV together?" Veneer suggested.

"Sure, sounds fun."

They snuggled up and put on some random show, which Y/N found really cute. They both had a soft spot for cheesy, trashy reality TV shows.

"One sec, Veneer. I'll be back; just forgot my phone upstairs. "

"Okay, sure." He smiled and watched them go.

Y/N dashed up to their room, and was just about to grab their phone when they noticed Velvet's room. The door was open, just a bit, and she wasn't home, and Y/N had never been in there before...

They peeked their head into the room. It was quite sterile and white, but very colourful at the same time. Lots of purple and black.

Y/N spotted a framed photo, and walked over to get a closer look.

"Aww, it's her and Veneer as kids." They thought. The photo was clearly a long time ago, since the siblings were tiny. They both looked so happy.

There was another photo on her desk, a photo of Velvet and a person with violet hair. Maybe Velvet's best friend or partner?

And next to that, on the desk, was a perfume bottle. A fancy one, Y/N noted, purple and prism-shaped. They picked it up and- what's that inside? Y/N brought it closer to their face, eyes wide with disbelief and confusion. What is that? some... creature?

It was a strange little thing. It was blue with red long hair, and only about 4 inches tall. It reminded Y/N of a smurf. It was standing there, looking at them in awe.

"What the hell are you?" Y/N muttered.

"Oh my God, thank goodness you're not Velvet or Veneer." The creature seemed relieved for a moment.

"Oh wow, it talks!"

"Yeah, it does." It said, seeming a little annoyed. "Look, if you let me go, I won't tell anyone you were in here."

"But why are you in a perfume bottle?"

"I... Look, I'm a troll. I've been captured by Velvet and Veneer and they're literally sucking the talent out of me."

"Wait, what?"

"My name's Floyd. I don't know what you are to those two, but anything they've told you is a lie. They can't sing at all. All the songs, the singing, it's all me. My talent. They steal it."

"Wait, I'm confused. What is your talent?"

"I'm a troll. we're normally really good at singing, and Velvet and Veneer are using my talent for personal gain."

"So... They're lying to me?"

"Yes! I've been stuck in here for months! Please, help me."

"Y/N? Hurry up! Where are you?" Veneer called.

"Shit." Y/N hissed, panicking. They quickly put the bottle down and ran out of the room, leaving Floyd behind.

"Ah, there you are!" Veneer grinned, as Y/N walked into the living room.

"Yeah, sorry, couldn't find my phone." Y/N muttered, sitting on the couch, still confused about what they had seen in Velvet's room.

Veneer shrugged and scooted closer to them, wrapping his lanky arms around them contentedly. Y/N hugged him back, but didn't really focus on the show, still thinking about the weird little troll thing. They decided to ignore it for now.

"What's wrong, Y/N?" Veneer asks.

"Uh, nothing, nothing. Just thinking about... stuff."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Nah, it's fine."

"Okay, if you're sure."

Y/N didn't want to ruin the moment, so they decided to keep it quiet for now. Veneer held them close as they watched TV. He was so cute- it was hard to focus on anything else, despite what Floyd had told them

"You're a great cuddler, Veneer." Y/N said, stroking his hair affectionately.

"Aw, thanks. I try." He blushes.

"Hehe, you're cute."

Veneer buried his face in Y/N's chest and whined. "Stop it, Y/N."

"Sorry, but it's true. You're the cutest, Veneer."

"Ughhh, stop." He said, but his muffled voice betrayed his happiness.

"No can do, cutie."

Veneer groaned, his face bright red.

"Aww, don't hide your face. I wanna see it."

Veneer slowly moved his face up from their chest, still red. Y/N kissed his forehead and giggled, while Veneer whined again.

"I can't help it, you're just so cute."

Veneer buried his face once more in a futile attempt to hide his blush.

"Veneer, aren't you famous? You should be used to people calling you cute."

"No, it's not the same. It's different when it's you." He mumbles.

"Aw, why?"

"Because... Well, I don't know..."

"Aww, Veneer..."

"Ew, what are you two doing?" A voice interrupted. Velvet stood in the doorway, looking disgusted.

"Just cuddling, Velvet." Veneer muttered.

"Whatever, gross. Anyway, I'm going to a big fancy celebrity party later and you're both coming."

"I don't really like parties, Vel." Veneer whined.

"Well, tough shit. We'll leave at 7, so be ready by then. I need to get Y/N a proper outfit."

"Uh, I think they're fine the way they are."

"I didn't ask, Veneer." Velvet said, walking off.

Veneer sighed and snuggled up closer to Y/N, who hugged him.

"Don't worry, Veneer, I'll make sure you have a fun time."

"Thanks, Y/N." He smiles a bit.

Y/N smiled back and gave him a little kiss on the forehead.

"You're a good cuddle buddy, you know that, Veneer?"

"I think so." He giggled.

"Hehe, good." Y/N stroked his hair gently.

Veneer nuzzled his face in their neck, and the two stayed like that for a while. The show they were watching ended, but they stayed intertwined and dozed off.

After a few hours, Velvet came into the room.

"Get up, idiots. It's 7."

"Huh, really? Time flies."

"Yeah, yeah. Let's go."

word count: 940 words