Chapter Nine - Bargaining

Sargent Grey watched Regina intently through the two-way mirror

Sargent Grey watched Regina intently through the two-way mirror. She sat as poised and composed as she ever had, knowing that she was in a position of power over the LAPD. For a moment, the possibilities of her grasp and influence over the tragic chapter in Tim and Morgan's life sent a chill down his spine. He had dealt with criminals like her before, who believed they were in control of the situation at every angle, but he also knew from Rosalind Dyer that their own perceived infallibleness could lead to their own downfall.

In many ways, Regina reminded Grey of Rosalind Dyer. The way they conducted themselves was an obvious similarity, but there was a glint that Regina held in her eye when speaking of her wrongdoings, especially the ones inflicted on his officers, that Rosalind held when they escorted her to the burial sites of her victims. She found this amusing; she enjoyed the toying and the torture of her actions but Grey was determined to break it out of her, he would break her down to dust if that's what it took.

He had to take a step out of the interrogation room after Regina asked for her lawyer, she was trying to play him and he knew he was letting his rage guide him into her traps. So he watched from the viewing room, Nyla and Jackson beside him as Angela took over the questioning.

"Ms. Diaz," Angela said as she walked into the room, she immediately sat down and kept her gaze on the drug lord, choosing to not acknowledge her legal counsel. "You said to Sargent Grey that you had information pertaining to our-"

Regina raised her hand slightly from where it was still cuffed to the table. "I implied."

"Okay you implied that you had information pertaining to an ongoing case." Angela opened a file before turning it to face the woman. "But you did say, and I quote '...their case worker didn't know where they were all day?' which was classified information. So would you like to elaborate how you know that before I charge you with stealing and weaponizing confidential police records?"

"Hey, hey now." The lawyer, who now grabbed Angela's attention, said. He did not look like the type of legal help someone of Regina's notoriety or funds would hire. He sat in a too big blazer, held together by quick-fix hand stitches and mis-matching buttons. His greying hair matched the weary look he carried. "You don't need to answer it."

"I know, but I want to," She smirked, leaning forward in her chair slightly. "I want to make a deal. I know I'm going away for life, and then some, but I want privileges. You know, extra yard time, early access to the commissary. Quality of life, I'm sure you're aware of what I mean, Detective Lopez?"

"Something can be arranged, if your information holds up that is. So if you will..."

"One more thing."

Angela had to stop herself from getting irate, she didn't want to lose the semblance of control she currently had. "What?"

"I want to tell Officer Tim Bradford. I'd like to meet him properly. I've only seen him through images you see, and the time I shot his wife, of course. How is she by the way?"