Chapter Twenty - Hostage taking

Content Warning: Episode 3x05

Content Warning: Episode 3x05. Themes of Racism, bombing and other canon typical plights.

------------------------------

"So when do you think you'll be back from court?" Morgan asked, walking alongside Harper towards the evidence lockup.

"Eh," Harper said. There was nothing Harper hated more than court duty, especially when the case was so clear cut that she didn't need to be there. "Hopefully soon, that way I can enjoy having Nolan on front desk duty for the rest of the day. Let him enjoy the general public"

"Is he really that bad to ride with?" She stopped at the door.

"No, and that's what sucks. He's too nice, and sometimes I don't need all that positivity."

Morgan just shook her head as Nyla just winked at her as she entered the evidence room. Turning on her heel, Morgan passed Lopez as she wandered back to her desk, trying to figure out what to do with her day. Most of her cases were closed, the Damian Barrett case had all but run dry and Grey had all but forbidden her from working on her own case alone, despite how much she wanted too.

Sitting down, she gathered all of the papers on her desk, stacking them neatly, before organising them alphabetically, and then chronologically. Next on her hit list was the pen pot. Grabbing the container, she tipped them out, testing them one by one on a loose post-it.

She had only just opened the chess on her computer when the radio belonging to the blonde officer who worked opposite her rang out. "Sargent Grey, this is officer Nolan, go to channel nine."

Morgan stifled her laugh as she moved her pawn two spaces, of course it was Nolan she thought. Even in her short time back in the precinct, Nolan's reputation had been shared with her. Her good humour was cut short as the rest of the conversation rang out through the handset.

Grey replied quickly "Nolan this better be important"

"Sure is buddy" An unknown voice rang out. Morgan closed the chess game as she began to listen more intently.

"Who's this"

The stranger's voice rang out again. "The guy sitting in your parking lot with an ammonium-nitrate fertiliser bomb."

Without hesitation, Morgan rushed up from her seat and made her was over to where she could see Nyla and Grey looking down at the radio, officers silently surrounding them, all listening to the bomber

As she got closer, she could hear the stranger's voice again. "I have cameras on every exit. Do you understand me? If anyone leaves, everyone dies"

"I can confirm the cameras, sir." Nolan's distant voice chimed in, "Our bomber has a dead man's switch, sir."

"Okay," Grey said, voice solemn and serious, "You have my attention. Tell me what i can do for you."

"Rectify an extreme miscarriage of justice. I demand the immediate release of Donalf Feltt from the Primedale Department of Corrections."