4

Iyanna Brown
Georgia Tech Gym, 📍
7:45pm

JD asked me to come to the game tonight and wear his number

JD asked me to come to the game tonight and wear his number. So I did. I really wanted kae to come with me, but me and her aren't speaking right now.

We got into it real bad last week when she found out that I was back talking to JD. She says that she is tired of watching me get hurt over and over again by the same person.

I understood what she was saying, but I just cant listen. What really has her not talking to me is that I brought up how her and Trell aren't perfect. I know it was wrong but I was hurt because it feels like my best friend is never on my side when it comes to my choices.

I want to apologize but I am just too stubborn, and so is kae. So thats why when we get into it someone always has to step in to resolve it.

But back to the game. The boys were getting beat pretty bad by Florida State. I just know my man is finna have an attitude. I roll my eyes.

☂︎

The game was finally over and the boys kinda changed the game around in the second half, but it was too late. The final score was 68-79.

I don't care what the score was, because my man still did his thing. Once the gym cleared out I decided to wait in the tunnel that the players come out of for Jermiah.

He finally came up out the locker room and my face lit up. I hugged him and smiled. "You did good tonight".

"Thank you baby" he bent down pecking my lips.

"But you know what I been telling you, you have to work on your anger, no NBA teams wants a hot head" I said to him. We always talk about the game when he is done.

"Man bra im not trying to hear that shit right now" he said slightly raising his voice and snatching away from me.

I looked at him in disbelief cause we always do this. "What is your problem?" I said scrunched my face up.

"Cause you stay bitchin about stuff I already know bra" he started walking away from me.

"Im not your bra stop calling me one, and don't catch a funky attitude with me cause your team is ass" I scoff. Like he just blew me for real.

I pull out my phone to text kae, and then I realize I cant so i just stood there getting emotional. I thought nobody was around so I just let my tears fall.

What blew me the most is he just caused that scene and embarrassed me.

I start wiping my tears and begin to start walking out the gym, but I felt a presence behind me. I quickly turned around and Dee was standing right over me.

He chuckled at me jumping. "You need to pay better attention to your surroundings, I could have been snatched you up" I just roll my eyes cause I'm clearly not in the mood. Now I'm even more embarrassed cause he just saw me cry over that boy.