23

Continued....
____________________________________

It was about an hour later and my phone notified that Dee had pulled up. I quickly hopped up and made my way to the front to greet him.

When I spotted him I went up and pulled him into a hug. He bent down and pecked my cheek.

"Wassup love"

"Hey baby" I said with a smile as I grabbed his hand and guided him to the back yard where everyone was.
When we arrived to the area where my family and friends were, silence fell over everyone.

"Yall this is Dee, and Dee this is my mom, my dad, Junior, Zion, Tavaris, Winter, Alaysia, Willow, Zacharius, Kamora, Janay, and kae" I spoke up as I pointed to everyone.

"Wassup everyone" He spoke up with a small smile. It remained silent causing me to roll my eyes, until my mom spoke up excitedly.

"Heyy! Ive heard soo much about you. Come let's go fix you a plate" she spoke up as she dragged dee into the kitchen.

I sat on the couch with my arms crossed. "Why y'all being weird" I scoffed.

"You must want us to celebrate the nigga" Junior responded in the same tone.

"I didn't say that, but y'all don't have to be rude either"

"Yeah ight" zion spoke up. After that my mom and Devonte had came back and my mom took her place on the couch.

Devonte had came and sat next to me and put his arm around me. By this time everyone had broken off into their own conversations.

"How was your day baby" I spoke up. He just shrugged in response.

"It was cool, just did some work for my uncle and then came here"

"I hope you been staying safe"

"Im always safe" he spoke up cockily. "But say, why your brothers keep looking at me like that" he whispered to me and glanced to see what he was talking about.

I just sighed and shook my head. "They don't really care for you but they gonna have to get over it" I shrugged.

"Aye Dee, I seen your stats, you gonna do some big things" my dad spoke up trying to start conversation.

"Thank you, sir" Devonte spoke up chuckling.

"Youn' got to call me sir, just call me Jabari" My dad spoke up causing Devonte to nod in response.

"Yoo I went to your last game. You cold on the court" Rius spoke up sounding like a fan girl.

"Oh you ball? Wanna 1v1?" Devonte challenged him.

"Hell yeah" he spoke up as he quickly made his way over to our basketball court.

"Aight im finna ref" my dad said as he hopped up following them.

"I got 100 on zach" Junior spoke up.

"I got 100 on zach too" zion said.

"Well i got 100 on Devonte" I said.

"Yeah im with my sis on this one" Janay cosigned.